Events of Basque art and culture, its traditions or our rural sport that I have selected to enjoy in the company of my family and friends in November 2023. But I also want to share it with the clients and visitors of the Aitor Delgado Tours website!
The clients of Aitor Delgado Tours also receive this information in a personalized way in their tours. I suggest only the Basque culture activities in November 2023 that I am sure would fit into your travel plan and interests.
Enjoy Basque culture in Vitoria-Gasteiz and Alava in November 2023
- Interconnected. New temporary sample. Selection of the new arrivals that have occurred in the Alava Fine Arts Museum in recent years. From June 29th to January 31st, 2024.
- 48th International Theater Festival. This year’s motto “The stage is yours, Ikuslea Ikusgai”. 31st shows. Principal Theatre. From October 5th to December 3rd.
- World Press Photo Exhibition 2023. International photojournalism competition. Presenting the results of the 2023 World Press Photo Contest. Old Water Tank of the Montehermoso Cultural Center. From October 11th to November 15th.
- Almond Market. Exhibition and sale of food and craft products. Entertainment and commerce, gastronomy and culture activities. Medieval Helmet of Vitoria-Gasteiz. November 4th.
- Brahms/Shostakovich. Euskadiko Orkestra – Orchestra of the Basque Country. Stanislav Kochanovsky, director. Sergey Khachatryan, violin. Principal Theater. November 6th.
- Federico García. Various languages: flamenco guitar, singing, dancing, recitation and documentary video. Company: Mediterránea/ Grec Festival. Principal Theater. November 10th.
- Concert: “Bohemien Trio“. French music, standard jazz, traditional music and own songs. Lakua Civic Center Library. November 14th.
- ‘Discovering new places’: a town in the USA, the mountains of Switzerland and 3 imaginary places. New concert premiered by the Municipal Music Band. Main Theater. November 22nd.
- Off Lokal: Larrua Project, Mary Zurbano and Ékoma Teatro. Dramatic proposals by local groups in unconventional spaces. Start in front of the Principal Theater. November 23rd, 24th, 25th and 26th.
- Re: Creation (Big Five Oh!). American dance company Pilobolus, with 50 years of internationally recognized experience. Principal Theater. November 24th.
- Ravel / Falla. Euskadiko Orkestra – Orchestra of the Basque Country. Juanjo Mena, the most internationally renowned Basque conductor. Principal Theater. November 30th.
Basque culture activities in San Sebastian and Gipuzkoa
- “Balenciaga. Character”. Second exhibition of the curatorial series focused on what makes “a Balenciaga” recognizable. Cristobal Balenciaga Museum. March 17th to January 14th, 2024.
- That Time. A new story about art and memory. Joint exhibition of Tabakalera and the Museum of Fine Arts of Bilbao. 107 works by 76 artists. Tabakalera International Center for Contemporary Culture. From June 13th to November 5th.
- “Hic sunt dracones” (There are dragons here). Expression that alerted sailors to the danger of the unknown. Exhibition by Guipuzcoan artist Mikel Otxoteko. Laboratory Room of the San Telmo Museum. From September 20th to January 7th, 2024.
- John M. Blundall Master Puppeteer. British puppeteer, craftsman, visual artist, set designer, teacher and collector. He founded the Cannon Hill Puppet Theater company. TOPIC – Tolosa International Puppet Center. From September 22nd to February 18th, 2024.
- Fantastic and Horror Film Week in San Sebastian. Official sessions, exhibitions, cycles, children’s activities… Principal Theater, Kursaal Palace and Victoria Eugenia Theater. From October 27th to November 3rd.
- Rhizoma Conference. Basque Country International Architecture Biennial. Chillida Leku Museum. From November 3rd to 18th.
- Basque Country Orchestra. J. Brahms and D. Shostakovich on the 9th and 10th. G. Pierné, M. Ravel and M. Falla on the 27th and 28th. Kursaal Auditorium. November 9th, 10th, 27th and 28th.
- La Behobia – San Sebastian. One of the most important popular races in the Basque Country. Departure from Behobia (Irun) and finish at the Boulevard of the provincial capital. November 12th.
- Vav (in the Hebrew alphabet it symbolizes what unites, what keeps everything together). Daniel Abreu dance company. Victoria Eugenia Theater. November 25th.
- Titirijai. 41st Tolosa International Puppet Festival. TOPIC – Tolosa International Puppet Center. From November 25th to December 3rd.
- Franz Liszt Chamber Orchestra of Budapest. Two concertos for cello and orchestra by Haydn. Kursaal Auditorium. November 30th.
Basque culture events in Bilbao and Biscay in November 2023
- Picasso sculptor. Matter and body. Sculpture as an expression of art, comparable to painting, drawing, engraving or ceramics. Bilbao Guggenheim Museum. From September 29th to January 14th, 2024.
- 44th Santurtzi International Theater Festival. 21st magnificent shows. Serantes Kultur Aretoa Theater. From October 26th to November 26th.
- Basque Dok Festival. Documentary photography festival. New photographic languages in documentary, the new photojournalism 3.0 or street photography. Exhibitions, workshops and conferences. Azkuna Center. From November 2nd to 5th.
- Concert by the Txistularis Municipal Band of Bilbao. “Haziak Eroan“. With the collaboration of the Oinkari Dance Company. Euskalduna Palace. November 6th.
- “Daughter of the Moon – The best tribute to Mecano in the world.” Starring Robin Torres. Euskalduna Palace. November 17th.
- L’elisir d’amore. Gaetano Donizetti. ABAO – Bilbao Opera. Euskalduna Palace. November 18th, 21st, 24th, 25th and 27th.
- Pastori Girl. Flemish. Tour to present his new album “Camino”. Euskalduna Palace. November 26th.
- Pasión Vega and Victor Clavijo in Concert: Lorca sonoro. Songs and poems by Lorca. Arriaga Theater. November 26th.
- Concert by the Txistularis Municipal Band of Bilbao. “Zirt-Zart”. With the collaboration of Aldapeko Basque Latin Jazz. Euskalduna Palace. November 27th.
- Markos Untzeta and his band. The beauty of Country, Blues and Americana style sounds performed in Basque. More than 20 years of experience and six published albums. Arriaga Theater. November 28th.
- José Mercé: “The Oripandó“. Flemish. Conceptualization, composition and production show with Antonio Orozco. Champs Elysees Theater. November 30th.
You can also ask us about Basque culture activities if you have booked or are enjoying one of our custom and private tours in November 2023.
If you want to expand your knowledge about our Basque Country bespoke private tours, you can contact us