Events of Basque art and culture, its traditions or our rural sport that I have selected to enjoy in the company of my family and friends in October 2023. But I also want to share it with the clients and visitors of the Aitor Delgado Tours website!
The clients of Aitor Delgado Tours also receive this information in a personalized way in their tours. I suggest only the Basque culture activities in October 2023 that I am sure would fit into your travel plan and interests.
Basque culture events in San Sebastian and Gipuzkoa in October 2023
- “Balenciaga. Character”. Second exhibition of the curatorial series focused on what makes “a Balenciaga” recognizable. Cristobal Balenciaga Museum. March 17th to January 14th, 2024.
- Exhibition of the British artist Phyllida Barlow. Gravity, mass and materiality as elements of union between both artists. Zabalaga Farmhouse, Chillida Leku Museum. From May 24th to October 22nd.
- That Time. A new story about art and memory. Joint exhibition of Tabakalera and the Museum of Fine Arts of Bilbao. 107 works by 76 artists. Tabakalera International Center for Contemporary Culture. From June 13th to November 5th.
- Exhibition “Traveling to paint. Sorolla in San Sebastian”. One hundred years after the death of the painter Joaquín Sorolla. San Telmo Museum. From June 15th to October 17th.
- “Hic sunt dracones” (There are dragons here). Expression that alerted sailors to the danger of the unknown. Exhibition by Guipuzcoan artist Mikel Otxoteko. Laboratory Room of the San Telmo Museum. From September 20th to January 7th, 2024.
- San Sebastian Gastronomika – Basque Country. World Congress of Haute Gastronomy. This year with the motto “United Kulinary” it will show the gastronomic scene of the United Kingdom. Direct and online. Kursaaal Palace. October 9th to 11th.
- Luz Casal in concert: “The windows of my soul”. Famous Spanish singer. Kursaal Palace. October 15th.
- Oskara. Explore some passages of Basque culture. The prestigious Basque dance group Kukai Dantza under the stage direction of Marcos Morau. Victoria Eugenia Theatre. October 19th.
- The night of San Juan. Antonio Ruz Company. A current dance piece bathed in theatricality and dynamism. Victoria Eugenia Theatre. October 20th.
- Hitaz orhoit. Kresala Dantza Taldea. Dance as the only and authentic protagonist of the work. Victoria Eugenia Theatre. October 21st.
- III Turespaña Convention. Spanish Tourism Institute. Kursaal Palace in San Sebastian. From October 23rd to 25th.
- Cologne Radio Symphony Orchestra. Directed by: Cristian Macelaru. Elgar’s Cello Concerto and Rachmaninov’s Third Symphony. Kursaal Palace. October 28th.
Enjoy Basque culture in Bilbao and Biscay
- “Yayoi Kusama: 1945 until today” exhibition. 200 paintings, sculptures, performances, moving images, large-scale installations, and archival material by the famous Japanese artist. Bilbao Guggenheim Museum. From June 27th to October 8th.
- Picasso sculptor. Matter and body. Sculpture as an expression of art, comparable to painting, drawing, engraving or ceramics. Bilbao Guggenheim Museum. From September 29th to January 14th, 2024.
- Estrella Morente in concert. One of the great figures of flamenco and Spanish song. Champs Eliseos Theatre. October 6th.
- Open House. Bilbao, Barakaldo and Getxo Open Doors Festival. 26 buildings open free of charge to the public, both public and private. Among them the Bilbao City Council, the Museum of Fine Arts and the Arriaga Theatre … October 7th and 8th.
- Sinatra & Jobim Project in concert. Elegant tribute in the key of Jazz to the album recorded in 1967 by Frank Sinatra and Antonio Carlos Jobim. Champs Eliseos Theatre. October 8th.
- Hamelin’s futist. Opera based on the popular tale by the Brothers Grimm for six singers, two choirs and orchestra. Arriaga Theatre. October 14th and 15th.
- Rocío Jurado – The Musical. A tribute with soul and charm. Champs Eliseos Theatre. October 19th.
- Lost Letters. Lucia Lacarra Ballet. Ballet inspired by real love letters written during different wars. Arriaga Theatre. October 20th, 21st and 22nd.
- Life in songs (The stage heals everything). Concert by the great singer-songwriter Victor Manuel. Tour of the 75 years of his life. Arriaga Theatre. October 26th.
- Tchaikovsky’s ‘Swan Lake’. First tour of the kyiv Ballet in Spain. Euskalduna Palace Auditorium. October 29th.
Basque culture activities in Vitoria-Gasteiz and Alava in October 2023
- Nicolas Tarkhoff (1871-1930). 9 works by the Russian painter from the Tubacex de Llodio Group Art Collection. Alava Museum of Fine Arts. From February 23rd to October 15th.
- Celedón magazine, apology for the Vitoria fiesta (1918-1935). Temporal exposition. Fournier Museum of Playing Cards in Álava, BIBAT. From June 8th to October 15th.
- Interconnected. New temporary sample. Selection of the new arrivals that have occurred in the Alava Fine Arts Museum in recent years. From June 29th to January 31st, 2024.
- Exhibition “Milicua Museum”. Retrospective exhibition of the Bilbao painter Pablo Milicua. Montehermoso Cultural Center. From July 14th to October 1st.
- IX MagialdiAraba. Magic Festival of the province of Álava. Álava Illusionists Association. 15 localities in the territory. From September 3rd to October 21th.
- Medieval Market of Vitoria-Gasteiz. Craft and restaurant stalls, street theatre, musical entertainment, children’s activities, etc. Historic center. From September 29th to October 1st.
- 48th International Theater Festival. This year’s motto “The stage is yours, Ikuslea Ikusgai”. 31 shows. Principal Theatre. From October 5th to December 3rd.
- Vitoria-Negrasteiz. 1st Vitoria-Gasteiz Crime and Detective Novel Festival. Black week of the city, full of intrigue and suspense. Europa Palace. October 6th.
- 3rd Vitoria-Gasteiz Duathlon. Exit from the Buesa Arena Stadium car park. October 8th.
- Municipal Music Band – Outdoor Music 2023. El Pilar neighborhood. October 12th.
- Errand, Canticle for Innocent Comedians and Cave. Martha Graham Dance Company. Time magazine named Martha Graham “Dancer of the Century.” Principal Theater. October 21st.
- Great Acrobatic Circus of China. Magic, dance, juggling, acrobatics, choreographies to the rhythm of oriental music…Buesa Arena Stadium. October 28th.
You can also ask us about Basque culture activities if you have booked or are enjoying one of our custom and private tours in October 2023.
If you want to expand your knowledge about our Basque Country bespoke private tours, you can contact us