Events of Basque art and culture, its traditions or our rural sport that I have selected to enjoy in the company of my family and friends in the month of July 2023. But I also want to share it with the clients and visitors of the Aitor Delgado Tours website!
The clients of Aitor Delgado Tours also receive this information in a personalized way in their tours. I suggest only the Basque culture activities for the month of July 2023 that I am sure would fit into your travel plan and interests.
The Tour of France in all the Basque Provinces:
- Grand Départ Pays Basque 2023. 110th Tour de France 2023. The tour starts in Bilbao and covers the 3 Basque provinces: Alava, Bizkaia and Gipuzkoa. 3 stages: July 1st, 2nd and 3rd.
Enjoy Basque culture in Bilbao and Biscay in July 2023
- Oskar Kokoschka. A rebel from Vienna. Great retrospective of the Austrian artist. In collaboration with the Musée d’Art Moderne de Paris. Bilbao Guggenheim Museum. From March 17th to September 3rd.
- Lynette Yiadom-Boakye. Exhibition of the work of the London writer and artist, who is recognized for her portraits of timeless characters captured in everyday moments of happiness, camaraderie and solitude. Bilbao Guggenheim Museum. From March 31st to September 10th.
- Zinegoak 2023: Bilbao LGTBI Film and Performing Arts Festival. Golem Cinemas, the Bilborock room and BilbaoArte. Parallel activities. From June 26th to July 1st.
- Exhibition “Yayoi Kusama: 1945 until today”. 200 paintings, sculptures, performances, moving images, large-scale installations, and archival material by the famous Japanese artist. Bilbao Guggenheim Museum. From June 27th to October 8th.
- Bilbao International Jazz Festival in Getxo. Main concerts and the group competition in Biotz Alai Square. From June 28th to July 2nd.
- Bilbao BBK Live Festival 2023. Arctic Monkeys, Florence + The Machine, Arde Bogotá, The Chemical Brothers, Avalon Emerson, Ben Ufo or Dadila. Campas de Kobetamendi. From July 3rd to 8th.
- Concert: Itsasoko Doinuak. Melodies of the Sea. A singer, a pianist and a percussionist and double bass player will delight us with songs focused on the sea. Among others, “Bora Bora” and “La mer”. Getxo. July 7th.
- Kaleka: Festival Internacional de Artes de Calle de Lekeitio. Evento destacado de teatro de calle en el País Vasco y España. July 7th, 8th y 9th.
- Iron Maiden in concert.The Future Past Tour 2023. Heavy metal. Bilbao Exhibition Center in Barakaldo. July 22nd.
- II Bilbao Blues Festival. 20 concerts and outdoor activities. Mainly in the Arenal, as there are also parades and shows in other places. July 28th, 29th and 30th.
- Eusko Label League of Traineras. The party of the sea that is enjoyed on land. Bermeo, Portugalete, Bilbao and Getxo. The Basque Regatta League holds 20 races from July to September.
Basque culture activities in Vitoria-Gasteiz and Alava
- Nicolas Tarkhoff (1871-1930). 9 works by the Russian painter from the Tubacex de Llodio Group Art Collection. Alava Museum of Fine Arts. From February 23rd to October 15th.
- Exhibition: Person, photo, copy. The artist Julia Spínola presents her new creations and her previous works. Artium Museum of Vitoria-Gasteiz. From June 2nd to September 10th.
- Theatre: Álava Squares 2023. Circuit of Street Arts in the squares of the province of Álava. 41 theater, clown, dance and circus shows. From June 3rd in Oyón and Nanclares de Oca, to September 9th in Zambrana.
- Festival EatCulture. Festival of local gastronomy and products km 0, accompanied by culture. Fiesta Brasileña, Fiesta Mexicana and Fiesta Años 70 y 80; and more activities of humor, magic… Villa-Lucía. From June 30th to September 8th.
- 46th Vitoria-Gasteiz International Jazz Festival. Street jazz, jazz at midnight, jazz in the Medizorrotza Pavilion, Principal Theatre, Jardín de Falerina and other venues. From July 3rd to 8th.
- Central Europe. Concert by the Municipal Band of Vitoria-Gasteiz. Cycle ‘Music in the open air’. Secret Water Garden. July 7th.
- 10th Jazzherrian Festival. 6 outdoor jazz concerts in different parts of the municipality. Agurain-Salvatierra. From July 9th to 30th.
- EGO: Youth Orchestra of Euskal Herria. M. Ravel and A. Dvorak. Ma Mère l’Oye, Eighth Symphony, and others. Principal Theater. July 18th.
- Tour “The windows of my soul” (new album). Singer Luz Casal. Principal Theater. July 22nd.
- Blouse and Neska Day in Vitoria-Gasteiz. Proclamation of the Virgen Blanca festivities. Feast of Santiago. July 22nd.
- Cruz de Navajas, the last Meccano. A great format with a new genre within the musical show. Principal Theater. From July 26th to 30th.
Basque culture events in San Sebastian and Gipuzkoa in July 2023
- “Moilak (in the Basque language: ports). Traditionally Innovative“. Seaports are accesses or doors that open or close depending on the prevailing economic, political and diplomatic circumstances. Places of transfer of people, goods, ideas, projects and cultures. Basque Maritime Museum of San Sebastian. From February 16th to January 26th, 2024.
- “Balenciaga. Character”. Second exhibition of the curatorial series focused on what makes “a Balenciaga” recognizable. Cristobal Balenciaga Museum. March 17th to January 14th, 2024.
- Exhibition of the British artist Phyllida Barlow. Gravity, mass and materiality as elements of union between both artists. Zabalaga Farmhouse, Chillida Leku Museum. From May 24th to October 22nd.
- Exhibition “Traveling to paint. Sorolla in San Sebastian”. One hundred years after the death of the painter Joaquín Sorolla. San Telmo Museum. From June 15th to October 17th.
- Basque League of Traineras. Regattas with popular festivities. San Sebastián, Hondarribia, Orio, Pasaia, Zarautz and Zumaia. From July 1st to September 17th.
- San Sebastian Cup International Grassroots Soccer Tournament. Around 5,000 grassroots footballers and 400 registered teams. Multiple activities. Campo de la Real Sociedad in Zubieta and 50 others. From July 3rd to 9th.
- II Mondra&Roll Festival. Hardcore punk festival: The Interrupters, Buzzcocks, Sick of It All, Perkele, Bad Manners, UK Subs, Subterranean Kids, Arkada Social … Monterrón Park, in Arrasate-Mondragón. July 7th and 8th.
- Mountain race “Ehunmilak”. Start and finish in Beasain, 168 km. At the same time, the tests “Goierriko2Haundiak” (88 km) and “Murumendi (42,195 km) will be carried out. July 7th, 8th and 9th.
- II Hondarribian Jazz International Festival. Squares of the Old Town and Kasino Zaharra Gardens. From July 10th to 16th.
- Cirque du Soleil in San Sebastian. Ovo show. A ladybug and a strange insect fall in love instantly. From July 19th to 23th.
- 58th San Sebastian Jazz Festival 2023. The oldest jazz festival in Spain. The 49 concerts will be held at Frigo Gunea, Fnac Gunea, Nauticool, Garbera, Sala Club del Teatro Victoria Eugenia, San Martin Merkatua, Hotel María Cristina, Irún and Fnac Foruma. From July 21st to 25th.
You can also ask us about Basque culture activities if you have booked or are enjoying one of our custom and private tours in July 2023.
If you want to expand your knowledge about our bespoke private tours, you can contact us