I share with you the selection of Basque culture events, its traditions or our rural and current sports, that I will love to enjoy in the company of my family and friends in the month of June 2023.
The clients of Aitor Delgado Tours also receive this information in a personalized way in their tours. I suggest only the Basque culture activities for the month of June 2023 that I am sure would fit into your travel plan and interests.
Basque culture events in Vitoria-Gasteiz and Alava
- Nicolas Tarkhoff (1871-1930). 9 works by the Russian painter from the Tubacex de Llodio Group Art Collection. Alava Museum of Fine Arts. From February 23rd to October 15th.
- The Tempest. Vivaldi Nature. The four Seasons. One of the reference groups in the field of historicist interpretation of early music in Spain. Principal Theater. June 1st.
- XXVII Alava Organ Festival. Daniel Oyarzabal (organ) & Miriam Hontana (violin). Oyarzabal is principal organist of the National Orchestra of Spain. Church of the Convent of Carmen. June 1st.
- The Lake. Contemporary version of Swan Lake proposed by LaMov. A hymn to the mask that we all wear, to take it off and end up searching in our nakedness. Principal Theater. June 3rd.
- Yvonne Walter Quartet. Jazz waves. Catchy ballads and delicate rhythms in the warm voice of Yvonne. Jesus Guridi Conservatory of Music. June 3rd.
- XXVII Alava Organ Festival. Paolo Oreni. Bach, Liszt, Oreni and Widor. St. Peter’s Church. June 8th.
- KaldeArte 2023 in Vitoria-Gasteiz. International Exhibition of Street Arts. Various spaces. From June 8th to 11th.
- Remote Garden Experience: I National Symposium of Author Photography. Photography Congress. 9 of the most outstanding photographers on the National scene. Congresses Palace Europe. June 9th, 10th and 11th.
- XXVII Alava Organ Festival. Alberto Sáez Puente & Children’s Choir of the Bilbao Choral Society (directed by José Luis Ormazabal). Church of the Convent of Carmen. June 15th.
- ARF Azkena Rock Festival in Vitoria-Gasteiz. The best underground rock festival in Spain. With well-known or “legendary” headliners. Bands: Iggy Pop, The Pretenders, Rancid, Lucinda Williams, Incubus, Melvins, Alter Bridge, The Fuzillis, The Cleopatras, Mimi & The Miseries, Lost Cat and El Drogas. From June 15th to 17th.
- Benito Lertxundi. Ospakizun gauean, the new album by Benito Lertxundi is made up of ten songs. It presents the best known songs of him together with the unpublished ones. Principal Theater. June 24th.
- Mikel Urdangarin in concert. Quartet. Fueros Square. June 24th.
Enjoy Basque culture in San Sebastian and Gipuzkoa in June 2023
- “Moilak (in the Basque language: ports). Traditionally Innovative“. Seaports are accesses or doors that open or close depending on the prevailing economic, political and diplomatic circumstances. Places of transfer of people, goods, ideas, projects and cultures. Basque Maritime Museum of San Sebastian. From February 16th to January 26th, 2024.
- “Balenciaga. Character”. Second exhibition of the curatorial series focused on what makes “a Balenciaga” recognizable. Cristobal Balenciaga Museum. March 17th to January 14th, 2024.
- Exhibition of the British artist Phyllida Barlow. Gravity, mass and materiality as elements of union between both artists. Zabalaga Farmhouse, Chillida Leku Museum. From May 24th to October 22nd.
- Bioterra. The European Fair of Biological Products, focused on organic and earth products. Also, Geobat: the place for bioconstruction and renewable energy. And Naturall: the space dedicated to cosmetics, hygiene and natural remedies. FICOBA in Irun. From June 2nd to 4th.
- In the Still of the Night. Lucia Lacarra & Matthew Golding. The purest dance and cinematographic reflection take us into this beautiful story. Kursaal Auditorium. June 3rd.
- Corpus Christi of Oñati. Party and procession since 1541. Popular show that integrates tradition, religion, dance and folklore. A good opportunity to see dance the traditional Basque dantzaris. The Sunday following the Thursday of Corpus Christi.
- Exhibition “Traveling to paint. Sorolla in San Sebastian”. One hundred years after the death of the painter Joaquín Sorolla. San Telmo Museum. From June 15th to October 17th.
- Bob Dylan concert. Rough and Rowdy Ways Tour. Auditorium of the Kursaal Conference Center. June 19th and 20th.
- Metamorphosis. Flemish. Fahmi Alqhai, Dani de Morón and Accademia del Piacere. Victoria Eugenia Theater. June 25th.
Basque cultural activities in Bilbao and Biscay in June 2023
- Oskar Kokoschka. A rebel from Vienna. Great retrospective of the Austrian artist. In collaboration with the Musée d’Art Moderne de Paris. Bilbao Guggenheim Museum. From March 17th to September 3rd.
- Lynette Yiadom-Boakye. Exhibition of the work of the London writer and artist, who is recognized for her portraits of timeless characters captured in everyday moments of happiness, camaraderie and solitude. Bilbao Guggenheim Museum. From March 31st to September 10th.
- Sting concert. Start of his European tour “My Songs 2023”. Songs as a soloist and that he created with The Police. Bilbao Arena Miribilla. June 1st.
- 53rd Bilbao Book Fair. Bilbao Arenal Square. Extensive program and exhibitors. From June 1st to 11th.
- Double Murder. Hofesh Shechter Company. 2 dance pieces. Clowns, a sarcastic nod to our growing indifference to violence. And The Fix brings a tender and fragile energy to the stage. Arriaga Theater. June 2nd and 3rd.
- Krypton. Film Symphony Orchestra. Musical show based on the soundtracks of the best hero and superhero movies in the history of cinema. Auditorium, Euskalduna Palace. June 4th.
- Bilboko Kalealdia. Theater and street arts festival of Bilbao. Street shows, contemporary dance, circus and puppets. Gran Vía, Plaza Nueva, Plaza Arriaga and Arenal Pier. From June 16th to 24th.
- Orgy. A new opera composed by Héctor Parra and a libretto by Calixto Bieito, based on the play by Pier Paolo Pasolini. Soloists: Ausrine Stundyte, Leigh Melrose and Jone Martinez. And the Ensemble Intercontemporain de Paris. Arriaga Theater. From June 22nd to 24th.
- BBK Bilbao Music Legends Festival. Great legends of rock, folk, blues… Creative and gastronomic spaces at all concerts. Bilbao Arena. June 23rd and 24th.
- Zinegoak 2023: Bilbao LGTBI Film and Performing Arts Festival. Golem Cinemas, the Bilborock room and BilbaoArte. Parallel activities. From June 26th to July 1st.
- Exhibition “Yayoi Kusama: 1945 until today”. 200 paintings, sculptures, performances, moving images, large-scale installations, and archival material by the famous Japanese artist. Bilbao Guggenheim Museum. From June 27th to October 8th.
- Bilbao International Jazz Festival in Getxo. Main concerts and the group competition in Biotz Alai Square. From June 28th to July 2nd.
You can also ask us about Basque culture activities if you have booked or are enjoying one of our personalized and private tours in June 2023.
If you want to expand your knowledge about our luxury private tours, you can contact us.
Leave A Comment