I share with you the selection of Basque culture events, its traditions or our rural and current sports, that I will love to enjoy in the company of my family and friends in the month of February 2023.
The clients of Aitor Delgado Tours also receive this information in a personalized way in their tours. I suggest only the Basque culture activities for the month of February 2023 that I am sure would fit into your travel plan and interests.
Basque culture events in San Sebastian and Gipuzkoa
- Balenciaga: character. It explores a new perspective of his work, never traveled before, and focused on what makes “a Balenciaga” recognizable. Cristobal Balenciaga Museum. March 19th, 2022 to March 1st, 2023. In Getaria.
- Zero gravity. An exhibition of works with which Eduardo Chillida explored the phenomenon of gravity and the fight against it. Chilllida-Leku Museum. From November 24th, 2022 to May 1st, 2023.
- Exhibition “MAR y AMARres” by Jose Zugasti (Eibar, 1952). Sculptures, videos and paintings. Menchu Gal Exhibition Hall, Irun. From December 16th, 2022 to February 19th, 2023.
- Exhibition “The golden age of fashion. From haute couture to pret a porter. 1930-1970″. Pieces from the Usabiaga collection. Jantziaren Zentroa / Costume Center. Rentería. From January 22nd to May 28th.
- BasQuisite. Exquisite Foods & Beverages Show. Professional Food Dalón of Premium Products and Producers. FICOBA. January 30th and 31st, and February 1st.
- Carmina Burana by Carl Orff. Youth Solidarity Concert. Orfeón Donostiarra and the Musikene percussion group in favor of Cáritas. Kursaal Auditorium. February 4th.
- The eve of Santa Águeda. Choirs and crews go through the streets singing in honor of the Saint with sticks and sticks (“makilas”) with which they beat the ground rhythmically to “call the earth” and finish waking up after the winter solstice. From February 4th to 8th.
- Beethoven, Mendelssohn and Mozart. Salzburg Mozarteum Orchestra. Kursaal Auditorium. February 8th.
- Carmen, The Flamenco Musical. Choreographies from the Jesús Carmona National Dance Prize, stage direction from the ADE Ignacio García Prize and the Composition from the Filón Prize and Music Awards Óscar de Manuel. Kursaal Auditorium. February 10th.
- Diego el Cigala – 20 years of black tears. Flemish. International tour. Kursaal Auditorium. February 11th.
- Franz Schubert Cycle. Impromptus Op. 90 – Sonatas D.664 and D.845. At the piano Luis Fernando Pérez. Victoria Eugenia Theatre. February 15th.
- Carnivals of Tolosa 2023. The most crowded and popular in the Basque Country. From February 16th to 21st.
Enjoy Basque culture in Bilbao and Biscay in February 2023
- Peter Paul Rubens. Conference cycle. Friends of the Prado Museum Foundation. BBK Room (face-to-face) or online. From January 18th to March 15th.
- Works from the Guggenheim Bilbao Museum Collection. Selection of pieces of figures who work at the forefront of their time, whose contributions were truly defining. From January 24th to December 31st, 2023.
- Siface: L’amor castrato. Castrated singer who died assassinated for revenge at the foot of his carriage, solely for having wanted to live, solely for having loved. Moving interpretation of brilliant arias that reflect the torrid and spectacular way of life at the end of the 17th century. Countertenor: Filippo Mineccia. Arriaga Theater. February 2nd.
- Joan Miro. The absolute reality. Paris, 1920–1945. In the search to recover the ordinary spiritual sense of him. Bilbao Guggenheim Museum. From February 10th to May 25th, 2023.
- Bilbao Surf Film Festival. Playful and didactic multidisciplinary event to promote the cinematographic universe of surfing. Cinema, photography, sports, talks, music and education. Itsasmuseum Bilbao. From February 4th to 8th.
- “Txistu mundua eta Martina”. The world of the txistu and Martina. Municipal Band of Txistularis de Bilbao and the physical actress and clown Maite Guevara. Show for all ages. Euskalduna Place. February 6th.
- Aratuste. Mundaka Carnival. The most important carnival in Bizkaia, since 1841. Enjoy the atorrak and the lamias. February 11th and 12th.
- Garden, The Statement and Bedroom Folk. Choreographies by Medhi Walerski, Crystal Pite, and Sharon Eyal and Gai Behar. Vancouver-based Ballet BC. Arriaga Theater. February 11th and 12th.
- Michael’s Legacy. Jackson Dance Company. The best musical show about The King of Pop, with the best Michael Jackson impersonator. Champs Elysees Theatre. February 18th and 19th.
- Tosca by Giacomo Puccini. ABAO Bilbao Opera. Bilbao Symphony Orchestra. Bilbao Opera Choir and Children’s Choir. Euskalduna Place. February 18th, 21st, 24th and 27th.
Basque cultural activities in Vitoria-Gasteiz and Alava in February 2023
- “Black Place” by Jutta Koether. First monographic exhibition in Spain of the German painter in the more than 30 years of her work. Museum of Contemporary Art of the Basque Country. From October 28th, 2022 to April 16th, 2023.
- Rafael Lafuente: Compositions. Exhibition of the work of this painter born in Vitoria-Gasteiz. Paintings, drawings, processes and projects… from his life. Museum of Contemporary Art of the Basque Country – Artium Museoa. From January 20th to May 14th.
- Articulated nativity scene in Laguardia. Baroque nativity scene endowed with movement. 73 pieces in Rococo style. Church of Santa María de los Reyes. February 6th.
- Umbra, Festival of Illumination. This year is named: Empathy. Dozens of light sculptures accompanied by music or movement, and outdoor projections, will illuminate Vitoria-Gasteiz. Center and the Ensanche. From February 9th to 11th.
- Anthony Reyes. Singer from Chiclana de la Frontera (Cádiz), he won the prestigious Giraldillo del Cante at the Seville Flamenco Biennial in 2014. Jesús Ibáñez de Matauco Theater. February 11th.
- Double Twin. Child from Elche sings. Israel Galván dances. The flamenco experience appears as human, all too human. Principal Theatre. February 18th.
- Coloma Bertran 4tet. Cross-cultural jazz. Concert of the Ondas de Jazz cycle. Jesus Guridi Conservatory. February 21st.
- Ismael Serrano in concert. The singer-songwriter reviews his usual songs and interprets those from his recent album. Principal Theatre. February 25th.
- La Macanita. Tomasa Guerrero Carrasco, one of the indisputable figures of flamenco. Manuel Valencia, guitarist; Chicharro de Jerez and Macano, compás. Teatro Jesús Ibáñez de Matauco. February 25th.
- Zenaty-Sekera duo. Ivan Zenaty – Violin. Miroslav Sekera – Piano. Ivan Zenaty as “the most important Czech violinist of this time”. Vital Fundazioa Kulturunea. Dendaraba Shopping Center. February 28th.
You can also ask us about Basque culture activities if you have booked or are enjoying one of our personalized and private tours in February 2023.
If you want to expand your knowledge about our luxury private tours, you can contact us.