I share with you the selection of Basque culture events, its traditions or our rural and current sports, that I will love to enjoy in the company of my family and friends in the month of March 2023.
The clients of Aitor Delgado Tours also receive this information in a personalized way in their tours. I suggest only the Basque culture activities for the month of March 2023 that I am sure would fit into your travel plan and interests.
Enjoy Basque culture in Vitoria-Gasteiz and Alava
- “Black Place” by Jutta Koether. First monographic exhibition in Spain of the German painter in the more than 30 years of her work. Museum of Contemporary Art of the Basque Country. From October 28th, 2022 to April 16th, 2023.
- Rafael Lafuente: Compositions. Exhibition of the work of this painter born in Vitoria-Gasteiz. Paintings, drawings, processes and projects… from his life. Museum of Contemporary Art of the Basque Country – Artium Museoa. From January 20th to May 14th.
- Exhibition “Union” by Laura MM. Society has been divided into two camps: the anti-technological vs pro-technological camp…. Jovellanos Hall of the Montehermoso Cultural Center. From February 3rd to March 5th.
- ‘Harmonic Borders’. Soloist: Antonio Serrano, harmonica. Concert by the Municipal Music Band. Principal Theater. March 1st.
- The Fugue in concert. Rock band. Jimmy Jazz Room. March 3rd.
- Fito & Fitipaldis in concert. Songs from their latest album Every time corpse and the band’s classics. Principal Theater. March 4th.
- Jojo. Ytuquepintas Company. Beautiful stage proposal of visual poetry, without text, which narrates an incredible adventure using the sand and the manipulation of puppets, combining both techniques. Principal Theater. March 5th.
- Yoko Suzuki in concert. Pianist and composer born in Tokyo, Japan. Musical Tuesday. Vital Fundazioa Kulturunea. March 7th.
- Joaquin Achucarro in concert. Principal Theater. March 9th.
- Flamenco of the 21st century. Manuel Moreno Maya ‘El Pele’, cantaor from Cordoba. Child Seve on guitar. Teatro Jesús Ibáñez de Matauco. March 11th.
- ‘Fronteras de papel’. Soloist: Joaquín Díaz, tuba.Concert by the Municipal Music Band. Principal Theater. March 15th.
- Anxiety. Concert by the Basque Country Orchestra. Works by G. Walker, J. Adams and S. Rachmaninoff. Principal Theatre. March 16th.
- ‘In loop’. Grison Beatbox. Guitarist and expert beatboxer. Boss Looppstation Contest World Champion. Mythical songs from Soul and Funk to new generation disco music. Kubik Hall. March 18th.
- Alava Olive Oil Fair. Tasting of toasted bread with oil, tasting of oils from the region, Álava products, thematic exhibitions and children’s workshops. In Oion and Moreda de Álava. March 19th.
- Tongue twister. Ester Quevedo Quintet. Ester Quevedo: piano, Oscar Latorre: trumpet, Vicent Pérez: trombone, Pau Sala: bass, and Roger Gutiérrez: drums. Jazz waves. Jesus Guridi Conservatory of Music. March 21st.
- Salzburg duo. Yvonne Timoianu (cello) and Alexander Preda (piano). The best of the musical tradition of Mozart’s hometown. Musical Tuesday. Vital Fundazioa Kulturunea. March 21st.
- Flamenco of the 21st century. Ángeles Toledano, cantaora from Jaén. National Award ‘New Talents’ Alcobendas 2018. Jesús Ibáñez de Matauco Theater of the Hegoalde Civic Center. March 25th.
- Paüra (Fear). Comedy show for all audiences with live music. A theatrical concert that talks about fear through the language of the clown, with laughter and poetry. Principal Theater. March 26th.
- Oiasso Kamerata. Irun String Orchestra: violins, violas, cellos and double bass. Musical Tuesday. Vital Kulturunea Foundation. March 28th.
Basque cultural activities in San Sebastian and Gipuzkoa in March 2023
- Balenciaga: character. It explores a new perspective of his work, never traveled before, and focused on what makes “a Balenciaga” recognizable. Cristobal Balenciaga Museum. March 19th, 2022 to March 1st, 2023. In Getaria.
- Zero gravity. An exhibition of works with which Eduardo Chillida explored the phenomenon of gravity and the fight against it. Chilllida-Leku Museum. From November 24th, 2022 to May 1st, 2023.
- Cider season. New vintage of natural cider. Gastronomic party. In Astigarraga, Hernani, Usurbil and Urnieta. From January 12th to May 1st.
- Exhibition “The golden age of fashion. From haute couture to pret a porter. 1930-1970″. Pieces from the Usabiaga collection. Jantziaren Zentroa / Costume Center. Rentería. From January 22nd to May 28th.
- Konstantin Soukhovetski, piano. III Batura Cycle: Women and Basque music. A journey through Basque and Russian music by the virtuoso pianist and composer Soukhovetski. Works by Emiliana de Zubeldia, Pascual Aldave, Piotr Tchaikowsky, Richard Strauss. Victoria Eugenia Theater. March 2nd.
- The Consortium (former members of Mocedades). Selection of his best 50 hits. Formed by Amaya Uranga, Estíbaliz Uranga, Iñaki Uranga, and Carlos Zubiaga. Kursaal Auditorium. March 5th.
- Chamber Orchestra of Paris. Works by Mendelssohn, Mozart and Bizet. Kursaal Auditorium. March 7th.
- The Great Anthology of Zarzuela. The best Zarzuelas of all time. Zarzuela Festival Orchestra with soprano and tenor. Kursaal Auditorium. March 8th.
- Anxiety. Concert by the Basque Country Orchestra. Works by G. Walker, J. Adams and S. Rachmaninoff. Kursaal Auditorium. March 10th and 13th.
- The Great Night of the Spanish Guitar. Concert by Aranjuez, Carmen and El Amor Brujo. Great Symphony Orchestra. Kursaal Auditorium. March 11th.
- How to _just another Boléro. Dancers: Emanuele Rosa & Maria Focaraccio. Duration: 18 minutes. Victoria Eugenia Theatre. March 14th and 15th.
- Opera Aida by Verdi. Excelentia Vocal Ensemble and Santa Cecilia Classical Orchestra. Kursaal Auditorium. March, 19th.
Basque culture events in Bilbao and Biscay in March 2023
- Bilbao Jazz District 2023. Very current and varied jazz. Municipal Center of Rekalde, Conservatory J.C. Arriaga, Bidebarrieta Library, and other locations in Bilbao. Every Friday from February 3rd to March 10th.
- Joan Miró. The absolute reality. Paris, 1920–1945. In the search to recover the ordinary spiritual sense of him. Bilbao Guggenheim Museum. From February 10th to May 28th, 2023.
- Musika Music: Notes and lyrics. Bilbao Symphony Orchestra. Works by C. Debussy, F. Schubert / F. Liszt, C. Franck, C. M. von Weber or F. Mendelssohn. Arriaga Theater and Euskalduna Palace. March 3rd, 4th, 5th and 8th.
- La Muse oubliée. One of the 5 best piano albums of 2021 according to Fanfare magazine (USA) and which has obtained the 5 stars of the BBC. A sound journey through female composition from the Baroque to contemporary times, with the Basque Antonio Oyarzabal at the piano and the narration of the actress Karmele Larrinaga. Arriaga Theater. March 7th.
- HAUsPOZ. Tribute concert to the great Basque musician Kepa Junkera. A gigantic celebration of his music, with the bellows of the trikitixa. Arriaga Theater. March 9th.
- Eta orain zer? And now that? Kukai Dance Company. Loraldia Festival. Eukalduna Urban Hall. March 10th.
- Anxiety. Concert by the Basque Country Orchestra. Works by G. Walker, J. Adams and S. Rachmaninoff. Euskalduna Palace. March 11th.
- Suirrealism. Music, Breakdance, visual arts… a new and spectacular montage that brings surrealism closer to the 21st century. Companies Logela Multimedia and Circle of Trust. Arriaga Theater. March 16th.
- Oskar Kokoschka. A rebel from Vienna. Great retrospective of the Austrian artist. In collaboration with the Musée d’Art Moderne de Paris. Bilbao Guggenheim Museum. From March 17th to September 3rd.
- Benito Lertxundi: Askatasumari. A Basque singer-songwriter with an insatiable spirit and far from fashion, norms or any orthodoxy. Arriaga Theater. March 18th.
- Bilbao International Cycling Tour. The start is from the Deusto Bridge, and through 3 different routes of 85, 115 and 125 kilometres, the finish line is reached on the Gran Vía in Bilbao. March 19th.
- Petite Mort. With the soprano Natalia Labourdette and the pianist Victoria Guerrero. Interesting program by two emerging artists of Spanish classical music on concepts such as eroticism, death and loneliness. Arriaga Theater. March 21st.
- And the light came. The Cuban Jazz Syndicate. Michael Olivera, one of the great jazz drummers leading a vibrant group of Cuban musicians. Arriaga Theater. March 28th.
- Sing an angel. Tribute to the singer Victoria de los Ángeles on the centenary of her birth. The Valencian soprano Carmen Romeu, together with the pianist Albert Nieto. Arriaga Theater. March 29th.
- Lynette Yiadom-Boakye. Exhibition of the work of the London writer and artist, who is recognized for her portraits of timeless characters captured in everyday moments of happiness, camaraderie and solitude. Bilbao Guggenheim Museum. From March 31st to September 10th.
You can also ask us about Basque culture activities if you have booked or are enjoying one of our personalized and private tours in March 2023.
If you want to expand your knowledge about our luxury private tours, you can contact us.
Leave A Comment