Agenda of traditions, arts, music, sports, events and exhibitions. Vitoria-Gasteiz and Álava in September 2020.
We have selected those leisure activities that take place in Vitoria-Gasteiz and the province of Álava in September 2020, that a traveler, tourist, commercial visitor or foreigner can fully enjoy. Theater plays, cultural, sporting or social events focused on local audiences, among others, are not suggested.
Please note that some of the events below may change due to regulations to control Covid-19.
Best traditions and festivals that are celebrated in Vitoria-Gasteiz and Álava:
- All the month of September. The roar of the deer. Gorbeia Natural Park. In Urkabustaiz / Zigoitia / Zuia.
- September 12th. 22nd transparent agricultural market. Producers in the province offer their products to the locals.
- September 12th. Medieval market. Cider mails, bakers, carpenters, potters, blood sausages and artisans, dressed in the clothes of those times. Cancelled. In Artziniega.
- September 14th. Rioja Alavesa Harvest Festival. Cancelled. In Lanciego.
- September 20th. “Artzain Eguna” or day of the Shepherd. Sheep, cheese, sheepdog competitions… In Amurrio.
- From September 25th to 27th. Medieval market. More than 200 craft, gastronomy and hospitality stalls will mark the streets to become a city of the Middle Ages. Cancelled
- Tasting phase: from October 9th to 18th. Final phase: October 22nd. Great Week of Pintxo de Álava. Contest among the pintxos (Basque tapas) that are presented in the contest
Arts, congresses and exhibitions:
- From July 3rd to October 18th. The culture of Álava, more alive than ever. A new Circuit of Street Arts, rock concerts, jazz, classical music, organ, the Festival of Theater of Humor of Araia and its itinerary through the Territory are some of the events programmed in more than 40 municipalities and around 50 Alava localities.
- From September 1st to 5th. FesTVal. Largest event of Spanish Television in Spain. Europe Conference Center.
- From September 5th to 12th. XXXVIII Ancient Music Week of Álava. Medieval, Renaissance and Baroque pieces are performed, with musical instruments typical of that time, original or original copies. In Vitoria-Gasteiz, Llodio, Murgía and Bernedo.
- From September 14th to 20th. VI International Magic Festival. “Magialdia 2020”. The most prestigious magicians from around the world attend. In Vitoria-Gasteiz and Murgia, Okondo, Ribabellosa, Artziniega, Nanclares de la Oca, Villabuena, San Román de Campezo, Zalduondo, Amurrio, Lapuebla de Argarzón, Samaniego, Villanueva de Valdegovía, Puentelarrá, Zambrana, Salinas de Añana.
- September 18th. Program: A space adventure. Concert of the Municipal Band of Music. Secret Water Garden.
Basque sports in Vitoria-Gasteiz and Álava in September 2020:
- September 19th. Provisional date. Half Marathon (open). Every year more than 1,000 runners participate. In Azkoitia and Azpeitia.
- September 20th. BLAN bike ride. The oldest in Spain with a purely cyclotouristic character. Cancelled.
- September 20th. Trail 2020. Marathon of 16 and 26 kilometers
In our excursions you can also ask us and receive information about the best activities available during your stay in Vitoria-Gasteiz or the cities or towns of the province of Álava.
Contact us for any information about our tours in Vitoria-Gasteiz and Álava at this link.