Agenda of traditions, arts, music, sports, events and exhibitions. Vitoria-Gasteiz & Alava province in June 2021.
We have selected those leisure activities that take place in Vitoria-Gasteiz & Alava in June 2021, that a traveler, tourist, commercial visitor or foreigner can fully enjoy. Theater plays, cultural, sporting or social events focused on local audiences, among others, are not suggested.
Please note that some of the events below may change due to regulations to control Covid-19.
Arts, congresses y exhibitions in Vitoria-Gasteiz:
- “Windows to the Basque art collection” between the years 1850-1950. Artists who introduced the new artistic languages -impressionism, symbolism or Fauvism- in the Basque Country, after passing through Paris and other European capitals. Museum of Fine Arts of Álava. From January 17th, 2020 until September 26th.
- “Ignacio Figueroa, Marquis of Villamejor”. A portrait by Joaquín Bárbara y Balza: life and work of an artista recovered [1867–1931]. Museum of Fine Arts of Álava. From September 25th, 2020 until September 12th.
- Juncal Ballestín. Life as an exercise. A selection of best pieces of Juncal Ballestin. Ballestín’s work is characterized by the plurality of materials, media and techniques used: painting, drawing, installation, video, graphic work… all of them structured in series such as the one entitled Painting. Apology, 1975-2013. Artium Museum. From January 29th until May 16th.
- Expo: Basque artistic and cultural practices from 1977 to 2002. Artium Center. From February 8th to December.
- Expo: Bigarren bidea (Second way). Basque women’s artists from 1977 to date. Artium Center. From March 5th to December.
- Playing cards women producers: A living memory. The work carried out by these women stands out. Museo Fournier de Naipes de Álava. From March 24th until January 31st, 2022.
- Katinka Bock. “Logbook (invitations and routes)”. First exhibition dedicated to the Frankfurt am Main artist in Spain. Artium Center. From March 27th to September 12th.
- Jalgi! Voice Festival. Diverse, interdisciplinary and innovative proposals to broaden horizons and bring lyrical and classical music closer. From April 15th until June 13th.
- Vital Art Contest 2021: Exhibition of the selected works. Vital Foundation Exhibition Center. From June 2nd until 27th.
- Municipal Academy of Folklore. Dantza Plazan 2021. Parque La Florida (Kiosko). June 4th and 18th.
- Festival In Situ 2021. From June 4th until July 2nd.
- The constant prince, by Calderón de la Barca. Principal Theater. June 5th and 6th.
- Anari in concert. Music and poetry. Principal Theater. June 11th.
- Feminism for clumsy. Between the monologue of humor, theater and personal confession. Principal Theater. June 12th.
- Azkena Rock Festival. One of the most important festivals in Spain, specialized in underground bands. From June 17th until 19th.
- Kukai Dantza: Hnuy illa. We will breathe poetry from dance, song, music, images. Principal Theater. June 18th.
- Greenpiss. An eco-illogical riot. It’s a hilarious satire on ecology, the future of our planet, and the survival of our own species. Main Theater. June 18th.
- 8th Big Week of the Pintxo of Álava. Competition between the pintxos (Basque tapas) that the catering establishments present in competition. Participating bars and restaurants. From June 18th to 29th.
- Local Artists Fair. Falerina Garden (Montehermoso Cultural Center). June 19th.
- Chamber Cycle of the Principal Theater: Ander Perrino, double bass and Rodrigo Bauzá, violin. Conservatory of Music “Jesús Guridi”. June 20th.
- Euskadi Gastronomy Contest. Event to be selected by the Basque team for the 2021 National Gastronomy Contest. Europe Conference Center. June 21st and 22nd.
- Zinegoak 2021: International LGBTQ Film Festival. Garai Square. June 25th. In Artziniega.
Traditions and festivities in Vitoria-Gasteiz & Alava in June 2021:
- St. John Pilgrimage’s. The arrival of the summer solstice is celebrated. The bonfires burn to drive away evil spirits and attract good luck. June 23rd. In Tolosa, Eibar, Arrasate, Hernani, Andoain, Laguardia, Amurrio, Salvatierra, Leioa, Getxo, Bermeo, Muskiz, San Sebastian, Bilbao, Vitoria-Gasteiz,….
- Battle of wine. Fiesta of National Tourist Interest. Pilgrimage to the hermitage of Los Riscos de Bilibio. June 29th. In Haro, La Rioja, near to Vitoria-Gasteiz.
In our personalized tours you can also ask us and receive information about the best activities available during your stay in Vitoria-Gasteiz & Alava in June 2021.
Contact us for any information about our private tours in Vitoria-Gasteiz and Alava province clicking here.