Agenda of traditions, arts, music, sports, events and exhibitions. Vitoria-Gasteiz and Álava province in January 2021.
We have selected those leisure activities that take place in Vitoria-Gasteiz and Álava in January 2021, that a traveler, tourist, commercial visitor or foreigner can fully enjoy. Theater plays, cultural, sporting or social events focused on local audiences, among others, are not suggested.
Please note that some of the events below may change due to regulations to control Covid-19.
Arts, congresses and exhibitions:
- From January 17th, 2020 until March 28th, 2021. “Windows to the Basque art collection” between the years 1850-1950. Artists who introduced the new artistic languages -impressionism, symbolism or Fauvism- in the Basque Country, after passing through Paris and other European capitals. Alava Fine Arts Museum.
- From February 8th, 2020, until further notice. Exhibition “Zeru bat, hamaika bide: artistic practices in the Basque Country between 1977 and 2002”. Room A0, of the Artium Contemporary Arts Museum Center.
- From July 21st, 2020 until January 10th, 2021. Exhibition of the Bilbao painter Fernando García Alegría (1895 – 1952). 2020 marks the 125th anniversary of the birth of “Fernando”. Alava Fine Arts Museum.
- From September 25th, 2020 until March 21st, 2021. “Ignacio Figueroa, Marquis of Villamejor”. A portrait by Joaquín Bárbara y Balza: life and work of an artista recovered [1867–1931]. Alava Fine Arts Museum.
- From October 3rd, 2020 to February 20th, 2021. XVII International Cycle of Contemporary Music. Bernaola Festival is an important cultural event whose objective is to spread the diversity of the music of the 21st century. Different places in the city: Artium, Jesús Guridi Conservatory of Music…
- From October 8th, 2020 until April 11th, 2021. Moyra Davey exhibition. First solo exhibition of the artist, whose work circulates between the fields of photography, cinema and writing. Artium Museum.
- From November 6th, 2020 to January 30th, 2021. Photographic Exhibition – Florida Park 200 years. Photographs of the Municipal Archive “Pilar Aróstegui”. Ignacio Aldecoa House of Culture, in La Florida Park itself.
- From November 27th, 2020 to January 2nd, 2021. VIII Aitzina Folk Festival. A solidarity festival since 2013 with a double mission: the dissemination of folk, with music, dance and workshops, and support for the fight to investigate a rare disease called ataxia telangiectasia.
- From December 4th, 2020 to May 2nd, 2021. June Crespo exhibition: Helmets. Sculptor from Navarra awarded several times. Room A1, of the Artium Contemporary Art Museum Center.
- From December 16th, 2020 until February 7th. Viphoto Fest’20: Pic of the midday. Exhibition of Cecilia de Val. Amárica Room.
- January 2nd. Sudden’s day. Bertso jaialdia: Unai Agirre Goia + Amets Arzallus + Sustrai Colina + Beñat Gaztelumendi + Maialen Lujanbio + Jon Maia + Aitor Mendiluze + Aitor Sarriegi. Amurrio Theater. In Amurrio.
- From January 2nd until 5th. Gabon Zinema 2020-2021. Montehermoso Cultural Center.
- January 5th. Bes-Te-Bat !: Belako. Jimmy Jazz Room.
- January 11th. ‘Inclusive city, educating city’. 2nd session of the thematic network of the State Network of Educating Cities (RECE). Europe Conference Center.
- January 12th. KAD Trio. Vital Fundazioa Kulturunea.
- January 16th. Bes-Te-Bat!: Izaro. Amurrio Theater. In Amurrio.
- January 16th. Willis Drummond in Concert. Jimmy Jazz Room.
- January 19th. Albert Guinovart, piano. Vital Fundazioa Kulturunea.
- January 22nd. Season of subscription of the opera. Aire nordikoa: B. Bartok, J. Sibelius and L.V. Beethoven. Euskadiko Orkestra: Symphony Orchestra of the Basque Country. Principal Theater.
- January 23rd. Bes-Te-Bat!: Nøgen. Amurrio Theater. In Amurrio.
- January 23rd. The Killer Swing. Jimmy Jazz Room.
- January 26th. Bizigarri Trio. Vital Fundazioa Kulturunea.
- January 29th. Repeat offenders: “Radically Acoustic”. Jimmy Jazz Room.
Best traditions and festivals that are celebrated in Vitoria-Gasteiz and Alava in January 2021:
- From December 1st, 2020 until February 7th. Articulated nativity scene. One of the few baroque nativity scenes with movement that are preserved today. Set of 73 pieces of which most are Rococo style. Church of Santa Maria de los Reyes. In Laguardia.
- From December 4th, 2020 to January 6th until 9:30 p.m. Casa del Olentzero and Mari Domingi. House that they have installed in the Garden of the Zulueta Palace.
- From December 4th, 2020 until January 6th. Monumental Navivity Scene. Popular tradition since 1962. Composed of more than 200 human figures, buildings and hundreds of animals and accessories. Florida Park.
- From December 11th, 2020 to January 10th. Christmas Craft Fair ‘Lan ta lan’. Province Square.
- From December 26th, 2020 to January 4th. Children’s Christmas Park. Wide range of activities to enjoy in family, especially for the children of the house. Hegoalde Civic Center. Cancelled.
- January 5th and 6th. Cavalcade of Kings. In Vitoria-Gasteiz, Bilbao and San Sebastian. Cancelled.
- From January 17th to 22nd. San Antón Fair. Morcillas and Chorizos Contest, ball games and sale of products of the hamlet, kitchen utensils, trees and plants of all kinds. In Mungia and Amurrio.
- From January 30th to February 21st. Carnival in the province of Alava. In Agurain-Salvatierra, Campezo-Kanpezu, Lantarón, Laudio-Llodio, Vitoria-Gasteiz and Zalduondo.
In our personalized tours you can also ask us and receive information about the best activities available during your stay in Vitoria-Gasteiz or the cities or towns of the province of Alava.
Contact us for any information about our private tours in Vitoria-Gasteiz and Álava at this link.