Agenda of traditions, arts, music, sports, events and exhibitions. Vitoria-Gasteiz and Alava in October 2020.
We have selected those leisure activities that take place in Vitoria-Gasteiz and the province of Alava in October 2020, that a traveler, tourist, commercial visitor or foreigner can fully enjoy. Theater plays, cultural, sporting or social events focused on local audiences, among others, are not suggested.
Please note that some of the events below may change due to regulations to control Covid-19.
Best traditions and festivals that are celebrated in Vitoria-Gasteiz and Alava:
- October 3rd. BioneAraba. Fair of ecological production. Exhibition of producers and sale of organic food of the Basque Country and its surroundings. Alavesa Association of Ecological Agriculture.
- October 6th. DCXXV Livestock Fair. XIII Horse Competition of the mountain of the Basque Country. XXXIV Provincial Shepherd Cheese Contest. Exhibition of cattle, sheep, machinery, sale of crafts, gastronomy and products from the Basque Country. In Salvatierra.
- October 6th. Cattle Fair and Horse of the mountain of the Basque Country Competition. Provincial Pastoral Cheese Contest. Exhibition of cattle, sheep, machinery, handicrafts, gastronomy and Basque products. In Agurain / Salvatierra.
- October 11th. Fair of the paste bean and vegetables of Alava. Tasting, exhibition and sale of various craft products. Cattle fair and machinery exhibition. Irrintz contest. In Pobes.
- October 18th. Valdegovía Potato Fair. XXIX edition. Exhibition and sale of native potato varieties. Gastronomic tasting based on potatoes. Crafts Fair. Regional market of producers of Añana. Basque rural sport. Sheepdog job sign. In Villabuena de Valdegovía.
- October 18th. Agricultural and livestock fair. Udazken Azoka: Poultry, farm products and Trikitixa championship. In Okondo.
- Tasting phase: from October 9th to 18th. Final phase: October 22nd. Great Week of Pintxo de Alava. Contest among the pintxos (Basque tapas) that are presented in the contest.
Arts, congresses and exhibitions:
- From July 3rd to October 18th. The culture of Álava, more alive than ever. A new Circuit of Street Arts, rock concerts, jazz, classical music, organ, the Festival of Theater of Humor of Araia and its itinerary through the Territory are some of the events programmed in more than 40 municipalities and around 50 Alava localities.
- October 2nd. Travellin ‘Brothers + Mississippi Queen & The Wet Dogs. Jimmy Jazz Room.
- From October 18th until November 15th. World Press Photo Exhibition 2020. The most important international photojournalism contest. Every year, the great and the good of journalism and the best international agencies compete. Montehermoso Cultural Center.
Basque sports in Vitoria-Gasteiz and Alava in October 2020:
- October 17th. XXII Great Fund Test “Hiru Haundiak 2019”. Popular and multitudinous mountain race that crosses three emblematic summits. Distance of one hundred kilometers with an ascent gradient plus descent of ten thousand two hundred meters in a maximum of 24 hours. Cancelled. In Gorbeia, Anboto and Aizkorri.
- October 25th. Rioja Alavesa Wine Run. Two sporting challenges around wine: a test of 20 km, and another of 12 km. You can also participate with a popular march between vineyards and wineries. In Labastida.
- October 27th. La Vuelta 2020. Cycling Tour of Spain. From Vitoria-Gasteiz to Villanueva de Valdegovía.
In our excursions you can also ask us and receive information about the best activities available during your stay in Vitoria-Gasteiz or the cities or towns of the province of Álava.
Contact us for any information about our tours in Vitoria-Gasteiz and Álava at this link.
Leave A Comment