We select for you the best cultural, traditional, festive, sports, professional and exhibition activities that occur in San Sebastian (Spain) or nearby in March 2020.
Best traditions and festivities happening in San Sebastian:
- Wednesdays at Damarri Plaza and Saturdays at the Port. Agricultural Fair. Sale of local products. In Hondarribia.
- Every Saturday. Agricultural Fair. Farm products fair. In Tolosa.
- Every Saturday. Agricultural Fair. Vegetable Fair. In Irun.
- March 15th. Beekeeper’s Day. XXII Contest of honey from the province of Gipuzkoa. In Zegama.
- The cider season begins on January 15 and runs until the end of May. Season of the Basque Cider. The main area in the Basque Country is in Astigarraga (near San Sabastian). There are some 51 Basque cider houses in Guipúzcoa, 10 in Vizcaya and 2 in Alava.
Arts and exhibits in San Sebastian March 2020:
- From December 6th, 2019 until June 1st 2020. Eduardo Chillida: Seeking the light expo. From a trip that the sculptor made in 1963 through Greece, Italy and French Provence in which he discovers new concepts around light and architecture. Chillida Leku. In Hernani.
- From February 29th to June 22nd. Fashion and Heritage: Cristóbal. It puts the focus on Cristóbal Balenciaga himself and the imprint he has left behind as a person through various objects that belonged to him and that have been collected in the Museum’s collections. Part of the annual program for the 125th anniversary of his birth. Cristobal Balenciaga Museum. In Getaria.
- From March 6th to May 31st. Nestor Basterretxea exhibition. Famous Basque photographer. Kutxa Kultur Artegunea Room of the International Center of Contemporary Culture Tabakalera.
- From March 7th to 28th. Ahoz aho – International Festival of Orality. 22 guests from different countries. Literary stories, scenic games, oral tradition narratives, music poems and many more performances always with the story as a common element among all of them. In Tolosa and Ordizia.
- From March 9th until 12th. DFERIA. Festival of the performing arts. Theater Fair of San Sebastian. The main objective of the Fair is the performing arts market, interrelating its agents and presenting the latest Basque and international creations. Places: Victoria Eugenia Theater, Principal Theater and other stages.
- From March 13th to 15th. Sevatur, 18th International Exhibition of Evasion and Tourism. 65 exhibitors: transport companies, accommodation, wholesalers, tour operators, travel agencies, active and adventure tourism companies, theme parks and media. Kursaal Palace.
- March 15th. Orchestra Sinfonica Nazionale RAI (Italy). Kursaal Palace.
- March 17th and 20th. Basque Country Symphony Orchestra: Fantastique – Beethoven and Berlioz. Kursaal Palace.
- From March 19th until 22nd. West Side Story by Leonard Bernstein. Inspired by Romeo and Juliet by William Shakespeare. Victoria Eugenia Theater.
- March 22nd. Film Symphony Orchestra: FSO TOUR 19 | 20. The best movie music in concert!. Kursaal Palace.
- From March 26th until 28th. Creative Club. Unique professional forum. Three days of presentations, workshops and exhibitions, which end with the delivery of the National Creativity Awards. Kursaal Palace.
- March 30th and April 1st. Basque Country Symphony Orchestra. Sheherazade: Beethoven, Bartok and Rimsky-Korsakov. Kursaal Palace.
Basque sports in San Sebastian:
- March 1st. Lilaton. Popular race for women only, 5km. This year is a 31st anniversary. Its purpose is to vindicate the visibility of women’s sport.
- March 5th, 12th, 19th and 26th. Basque ball in Cesta Punta. France championship. Biarritz Jaï Alaï. In Biarritz.
- March 15th. Spring Race. Coinciding with the beginning of spring, the Donostiarrak Sports Club, and the University of the Basque Country, organize this 10,000-meter race.
- March 21st, 22nd and 23rd. Contest reserved for Archers. Holders of the Handisport License. Halle d’Iraty. Free entry. In Biarritz.
- March 22nd. Donostia-Hondarribia Trail. Organized Fortuna Sports Club. Mountain race next to the sea that runs through two protected natural areas: the Jaizkibel and Ulia mountains.
- March 28th. Half marathon. Diego Garcia Memorial. It is one of the most important sporting events in Gipuzkoa. This is an open test, with the only requirement of having completed 14 years. Each year more than 1,000 runners participate. In Azkoitia and Azpeitia.
In our excursions you can also ask us and receive information about the best activities that are available during your stay in San Sebastian or surrounding cities or towns.