Traditions, arts, music, sports, events & exhibitions agenda in San Sebastian and Gipuzkoa in November 2020.
We select for you the best cultural, traditional, festive, sports, professional and exhibition activities that occur in San Sebastian (Spain) or Gipuzkoa in November 2020.
Please note that some of the events below may change due to regulations to control Covid-19.
Best Basques traditions and festivities:
- Wednesdays at Damarri Plaza and Saturdays at the Port. Agricultural Fair. Sale of local products. In Hondarribia.
- Every Saturday. Agricultural Fair. Farm products fair. In Tolosa.
- Every Saturday. Agricultural Fair. Vegetable Fair. In Irun.
- November 1st. Craft fair. Fair of crafts and products of the Basque Country. Exhibition and sale. In Usurbil.
- November 1st. Cattle market. Itziarko Peria. Contest and exhibition of pairs of oxen. Sale of farm products. In Itziar, Deba.
- From November 2nd until December 23rd. The visit to the Olentzero. He is a character in Basque Christmas tradition. Excursion that begins in the Museum of the Basque Iron, then by the park of Mirandaola, in search of Olentzero and ends in the ironworks of Mirandaola. In Mirandaola / Legazpi.
- November 7th. Black pudding day. Tasting contest in which the best blood sausage will be chosen. Various activities related to this product and the monthly market for local products will be held. In Beasain.
- November 8th. Agricultural fair. Exhibition and sale of local products. Championship of cheese makers of the town. Delivery of photo rally, orchard and rice with milk prizes. In Berástegi.
- November 8th. Pig fair. “Txerri Azoka”. Black pudding production exhibition, the pig exhibition, the black pudding and chorizo tasting or the ham cut exhibition and tasting. Popular food. In Mutiloa.
- November 14th. Agricultural, livestock and artisan fair. XXV Edition. Exhibition of cattle and birds. Exhibition and sale of products of the farmers of the town and crafts. In Soraluce (Plascencia de las Armas).
- November 14th. St. Martin Festival. Cattle competitions, exhibition of vegetables and popular crafts. Ball games and the cheese competition of the shepherds of the Aizkorri-Aratz Natural Park. In Zegama.
- From November 19th until 22nd. Feast of the Bean. Contest of bean producers in the Plaza del Triángulo and the Bean gastronomic contest in the Tinglado market. Euskal Jaiak with bertsolaris, giants and heads… In Tolosa.
- November 21st. Cattle market. Shepherd Dog Contest. XI Championship of the Friesian breed. In Tolosa.
- From November 21st until 30th. St. Andrew Festival (from 1752): Exhibition and sale of agricultural products and artisans; and parades, improvisers, trikitilaris and txistularis (Basque Music). In Azkoitia.
- From November 21st until 30th. Agricultural and livestock fair. Contest, exhibition and sale of farm products: vegetables, fruits, honey with Eusko Label, sheep cheese and artisanal bread. Exhibition of cattle from Bajo Deba. Exhibition and sale of flowers and txakoli. In Eibar.
- November 29th. Erle Eguna. Honey day. XXII Edition. Exhibition, sale and tasting of honey. XX Honey contest. In Usurbil.
- November 29th. Black pudding day. St. Andrew Festival. Gastronomic competitions, fair, tastings, children’s tambourine and rural sports, among others… all around the blood sausage. In Ormaiztegi.
- November 30th. Agricultural and crafts fair. St. Andrew Fair. Exposition and sale of agricultural and artisan products. Chorizo tasting and talo. Oxen test. In Azkoitia.
Arts, congress and exhibits in San Sebastian and Gipuzkoa in November 2020:
- From November 27th, 2019 to December 2020. Exhibition: “Elkano. The first travel around the world”. The expo claims that the first circumnavigation was possible thanks to Elcano’s initiative and his nautical knowledge. Basque Maritime Museum. In San Sebastian.
- From December 6th, 2019 until January 30th 2021. Eduardo Chillida: Seeking the light expo. From a trip that the sculptor made in 1963 through Greece, Italy and French Provence in which he discovers new concepts around light and architecture. Chillida Leku. In Hernani.
- From February 29th to April 5th, 2021. Fashion and Heritage: Cristobal. It puts the focus on Cristóbal Balenciaga himself and the imprint he has left behind as a person through various objects that belonged to him and that have been collected in the Museum’s collections. Part of the annual program for the 125th anniversary of his birth. Cristobal Balenciaga Museum. In Getaria.
- From July 30th to November 1st. Exhibition “Postigo: Chronicle of a time”. Sample of the social, cultural, sports and political chronicle from the 70s to the 90s of the photojournalist Fernando Postigo. San Telmo Museum. In San Sebastian.
- From September 11th until January 1st, 2021. Zin Ex. From abstraction to algorithm. It focuses on experimental cinema, to complete the city’s cinematic offerings during the San Sebastián Film Festival. Tabakalera International Center for Contemporary Culture. In San Sebastian.
- From October 25th to November 1st. 52nd International Choral Contest. One of the most important choral competitions at international level, in three categories: Chamber Choirs, Children’s Choirs, and Vocal Groups. In Tolosa.
- October 30th until November 6th. 31st Fantastic and Terror Film Week. With parallel activities: exhibitions, cycles, children’s activities… In San Sebastian.
- October 31st and November 1st. XIV International Feline Show. They will compete to achieve the titles of International Champion, International Grand Champion, European Champion or European Grand Champion. FICOBA. In Irun.
- November 5th and 6th. Possible new date: last quarter of 2021. SERVEI 2020 Conference – Venous Pathology Update. Aquarium. In San Sebastián.
- November 6th, 7th and 8th. The Week of Science, Technology and Innovation, Zientzia Astea. Organized annually by the University of the Basque Country. Bizkaia Aretoa in Bilbao, Tabakalera in San Sebastián, the Bibat Museum in Vitoria-Gasteiz and the Clara Campoamor Civic Center in Barakaldo. In Bilbao, San Sebastián, Vitoria-Gasteiz and Barakaldo.
- November 30th and December 1st (in person). On-line fair: from November 9th to December 4th. Segurnet, the professional fair on security and adaptation to pandemic contexts. Ficoba. In Irun.
- From November 13th until 15th. VIII FICOAUTO. Fair of Used Vehicles. Vehicles of all segments, ranges and types will be gathered: pre-owned, management vehicles, Km 0, from fleets and renting at the best prices of the year. Ficoba. In Irun.
- November 14th. “Eko-musik”. Concert that aims to establish a direct relationship between classical music and ecology. String section of the Symphony Orchestra of the Basque Country. Kursaal Palace. In San Sebastian.
- November 15th. “Amaia”. Winning singer of the OT television contest. Concert of her first album «Pero no pasa nada» (2019). Kursaal Auditorium. In San Sebastian.
- From November 16th until 21st. FICAB. XX International Bidasoa Archaeological Film Festival. The festival brings archeology to society through audiovisual works. Three prizes: Grand Prix, Special Audience Prize and Arkeolan Prize for scientific dissemination. Oiasso Roman Museum. In Irun.
- November 18th and 19th. Amaral Concert “Salto al color”. Kursaal Auditorium. In San Sebastian.
- November 19th. The Sadies. The Canadian band will be accompanied by Jon Ulecia & Cantina Bizarro. Dabadaba Room. In San Sebastian.
- From November 19th until 21st. CIMASUB 2020. 44th International Underwater Film Series offers a free film series that showcases life in the depths of the sea. Principal Theatre. In San Sebastian.
- November 21st and 22nd. XXVII Annual Congress of ASOVASNA. Basque-Navarra Association of Hematology and Hemotherapy. Kursaal Center. In San Sebastián.
- November 22nd. Workshops for families “From plane to volume”. The activity wishes to convey palpable concepts of shape and geometry in the creations of the couturier from Getari. Cristóbal Balenciaga Museum. In Getaria.
- November 24th, 25th and 26th. International Congress “Entre Mares”. Topic: Location, infrastructures and organization of the Roman ports. Ficoba. In Irun.
- November 24th and 25th. International Cider Fair. You can taste different types of cider in each of the stands of the exhibitors of the fair. Kursaal-Congress Palace. In San Sebastian.
- From November 24th until December 2nd. Titirijai – International Puppet Festival. Nine days in which puppets, boys and girls, and puppeteers invade the streets of Tolosa. Tolosa International Puppet Center. In Tolosa.
- November 27th, 28th and 29th. “The Bodyguard” Musical. Tour of Spain. Kursaal Auditorium. In San Sebastian.
- November 30th. The Capella Andrea Barca. András Schiff, piano and conductor. Concerts for piano and orchestra. Kursaal Auditorium. In San Sebastian.
- November (pending confirmation of new date). International Congress of Bioenergy. Organized by AVEBIOM – Spanish Association of Biomass. Kursaal-Palacio de Congresos. In San Sebastian.
- Open from April to September. Private visits all year. Next opening in January 2021. Ignacio Zuloaga cultural space. Studio of famous Basque pintos of recognized international prestige. Santiago House. In Zumaia.
Basque sports in San Sebastian and Gipuzkoa in November 2020:
- November 1st. Cross International. One of the most important sporting events in the province of Gipuzkoa. Hippodrome of Zubieta, second largest racecourse in Spain. In San Sebastian y Lasarte-Oria.
- November 8th. Popular race Behobia – San Sebastian. The popular run from Behobia (France border) to San Sebastian. In Gipuzkoa.
- November 29th. Cancelled. 43rd Traditional Marathon which runs in the streets of one of the most beautiful cities of the Basque Country coast. International Association of Athletics Federations has ranked this Marathon as B, being the most important in Spain. In San Sebastian.
In our excursions you can also ask us and receive information about the best activities that are available during your stay in San Sebastian or surrounding cities, towns, coast, places,… in all Gipuzkoa province.
For any information about our personalized and exclusive city tour in San Sebastian and Gipuzkoa in this link you can contact us.