Traditions, arts, music, sports, events & exhibitions agenda in San Sebastian and Gipuzkoa in July 2020.
We select for you the best cultural, traditional, festive, sports, professional and exhibition activities that occur in San Sebastian (Spain) or Gipuzkoa in July 2020.
Please note that some of the events below may change due to regulations to control Covid-19.
Best Basques traditions and festivities in San Sebastian and Gipuzkoa in July 2020:
- Wednesdays at Damarri Plaza and Saturdays at the Port. Agricultural Fair. Sale of local products. In Hondarribia.
- Every Saturday. Agricultural Fair. Farm products fair. In Tolosa.
- Every Saturday. Agricultural Fair. Vegetable Fair. In Irun.
- July 1st. Baserritar eguna: Day of the Peasant. Festivities of San Pedro and San Marcial. In Irun.
- From July 6th to 14th. San Fermín Festival, with the running of the bulls every morning. The famous festival that Hemingway loved. In Pamplona.
- From July 10th until 12th. Sea Bream festival. In Orio.
- From July 11th until 14th. Roman Festival Dies Oiassonis. Festival connect the past and the present to Oiasso, the Roman city of Irun. In Irun.
- July, 13th. 3 Cow Tribute Festival, this millenarian tribute is observed amongst two villages of the French & Spanish Basque Country. The oldest agreement in force in Europe. This act possibly occurs from 125 BC, more than 2,100 years ago!. In Isaba, in the Basque Country Pyrenees.
- From July 16th to 19th. Beer Fair. XXIV Producers beer festival in Basque Country, Spain and internationally. In Villabona.
- July 18th. Boast of the Moor. Traditional festival recalls the battle of Valdejunquera on July 26, 920; in which Abd al-Rahman III was defeated. In Antzuola.
- July, 22nd. Magdalene Festival. In Errenteria.
- July 26th. Cider Day. Try local cider and enjoy local craftsman and Basque traditional sports in this town near San Sebastian. In Astigarraga.
- July 27th. San Pantaleón Day. Sardine Festival. In Pasaia.
- From July 30th to August 2nd. St Ignatius Loyola Festival. Local music, food, drink and festivals. In Azpeitia, Arrasate/Mondragón, Eibar, Errenteria, Irun, San Sebastian, Zarautz.
Regarding arts, congress and exhibits in San Sebastian and Gipuzkoa in July 2020:
- Open from April to September. Ignacio Zuloaga cultural space. Studio of famous Basque pintos of recognized international prestige. Santiago House. Private visits all year. In Zumaia.
- From December 6th, 2019 until January 30th 2021. Eduardo Chillida: Seeking the light expo. From a trip that the sculptor made in 1963 through Greece, Italy and French Provence in which he discovers new concepts around light and architecture. Squeak Leku. In Hernani.
- From June 19th until October 5th. Exhibition “The longest trip”. Fifth centenary of the first round the world by Fernando de Magallanes and the Basque Juan Sebastián Elcano. Documents of the Archive of the Indies of Seville. San Telmo museum. Dates pending revision.
- From June 19th until October 25th. Margaret Watkins: Black Light. Exhibition with the work of a reference photographer from the 20th century. International Center for Contemporary Culture Tabakalera.
- From February 29th to June 22nd. Fashion and Heritage: Cristóbal. It puts the focus on Cristóbal Balenciaga himself and the imprint he has left behind as a person through various objects that belonged to him and that have been collected in the Museum’s collections. Part of the annual program for the 125th anniversary of his birth. Cristóbal Balenciaga Museum. In Getaria.
- From July 22th until 26th. Heineken Jazzaldia. Jazz Festival.
- From July 1st to October 2nd. Balenciaga Collection by designer Azzedine Alaïa. Unpublished exhibition under the direction of the renowned Olivier Saillard, curator of fashion exhibitions and former director of the Palais Galliera, Paris Fashion Museum. Part of the annual program for the 125th anniversary of his birth. Cristóbal Balenciaga Museum. In Getaria.
- From July 3rd until 5th. COMIK-D, International Comic and Manga Fair. Kursaal Conference Palace.
Regarding Basque sports in San Sebastian and Gipuzkoa in July 2020:
- Different dates from June to September. Horse races. Racecourse.
- From July 5th until 11th. International Football Tournament Donosti Cup. 400 football teams from all over the world.
- July 11th and 12th. XXI Sailing regatta. Two crossings: 32 miles from Hendaye to San Sebastian; and the other inside the Bay of La Concha.
- From July 12th until 14th. The mountain race “Ehunmilak”. It will cross the Gipuzkoan counties of Goierri, Tolosaldea, Urola Kosta, Urola Garaia and Debagoiena, 168 kilometers. In Beasain. Cancelled
- July 25th. San Sebastian 2020 Cycling Classic.
In our excursions you can also ask us and receive information about the best activities that are available during your stay in San Sebastian or surrounding cities, towns, coast, places,… in all Gipuzkoa province.
For any information about our personalized and exclusive city tour in San Sebastian and Gipuzkoa in this link you can contact us.
Leave A Comment