We select for you the best cultural, traditional, festive, sports, professional and exhibition activities that occur in San Sebastian (Spain) or nearby in April 2020.
Best traditions and festivities happening in San Sebastian:
- From January 15th until May 24th. Season of the Basque Cider. The main area in the Basque Country is in Astigarraga (near San Sebastián). There are some 51 Basque cider houses in Guipúzcoa, 10 in Vizcaya and 2 in Alava. In Astigarraga.
- Wednesdays at Damarri Plaza and Saturdays at the Port. Agricultural Fair. Sale of local products. In Hondarribia.
- Every Saturday. Agricultural Fair. Vegetable Fair. In Irun.
- April 5th. Txakoli Wine Day. 20 producers of the Getaria Denomination of Origin from Aia, Getaria and Zarautz villages. In Aia.
- From April 5th until 13th. Easter: Religious processions dating back to the begining of the 1600s. In Segura and Hondarribia.
- From April 9th to 19th. Spring Fair. Exhibition and sale of crafts.
- April from 24th until 26th. Zarautz Parrilan: Championship of grills of the Basque Country. The best grills will cook grilled meat and fish. Two juries, one professional and one popular. And many other activities: lectures, popular food, pintxos tasting…. At the Plaza Munoa. In Zarautz.
- April 25th. XXXII edition of Cider Day. Tasting of different ciders of the Basque Country. Demonstration of apple picking and old cider production. In Errenteria.
- April 25th & 26th. XVII Fair of collection plants. Iturraran Botanical Garden. In Aia.
Arts and exhibits in San Sebastian April 2020:
- From December 6th, 2019 until June 1st 2020. Eduardo Chillida: Seeking the light expo. From a trip that the sculptor made in 1963 through Greece, Italy and French Provence in which he discovers new concepts around light and architecture. Chillida Leku. In Hernani.
- March 30th and April 1st. Basque Country Symphony Orchestra. Sheherazade: Beethoven, Bartok and Rimsky-Korsakov. Kursaal Palace.
- From April 3rd to 5th. COMIK-D. International comic and manga show with exhibitions and spaces for conversation. Card championships, board games, surprises…. Kursaal Congress Center.
- April 4th. “Requiem,” Mozart. Kammerchor Stuttgart and Hofkapelle Stuttgart. Kursaal Auditorium.
- April 4th and 5th. XIV Feline International Exhibition. AMOBS-STAR is a feline club that organizes exhibitions reserved for purebred cats with pedigree, founded in the 1990s. Ficoba. In Irun.
- From April 23rd until 30th. 18th Cinema and Human Rights Film Festival. Victoria Eugenia Theater.
- April 26th. 2020 Beethoven 250: Beethoven and its time. Kursaal Auditorium.
- April 27th and 30th. The Golden rule. Basque Country Symphony Orchestra. Bartok and Brahms. Kursaal Auditorium.
- April 29th. XXIV Gala of the International Dance Day displays a wide range of dance styles, thanks to the altruistic collaboration of dancers and companies, with a special accent on the performers and home formations. Victoria Eugenia Theater.
- April 29th. The Norwegian Radio Orchestra. Kursaal Auditorium.
Basque sports in San Sebastian:
- From March 4th until 10th. 43rd edition of the “San Sebastian City International Chess Open”. This is a very well-known event among chess lovers, and players will come to compete from across the globe. Karmelo Balda pelota court. Anoeta.
- April 5th… Half marathon of San Sebastian: 21,097 km. Paseo de la Zurriola.
- From April 15th until 19th. Surf World Championship “Pro Surf”. In the programm you can also include: films, several concerts, exhibitions, volleyball, footbal and skate exhibits. In Zarautz.
In our excursions you can also ask us and receive information about the best activities that are available during your stay in San Sebastian or surrounding cities or towns.