We have selected those leisure activities happening in the French Basque Region in April 2020, that a traveler, tourist, commercial or foreign visitor can fully enjoy. Theaters plays, or cultural, sport or social events focused on the local public, among others, are not suggested.
Best traditions and festivities events:
- Every Saturday. Agricultural Fair. Vegetable Fair. In Irun.
- From April 9th until 12th. Ham Fair. For Bayonne, the ham fair is a highlight, convivial, unmissable, the honor of a terroir and traditional craftsmanship. Quais of Nive. In Bayonne.
- From Abril 10th to 13th. Antiques fair. Antiques – Vintage – Contemporary art. Halle d’Iraty. In Biarritz.
- April 17th and 18th. Resilient. Cia “Flamencos de Luz”. La Luna Negra. In Bayonne.
- From April 24th until 26th. Spring Market. Nearly 150 boutiques in Biarritz offer the largest brands at the best prices. Ready-to-wear, lingerie, shoes, fashion accessories, luggage, perfumes and beauty products, home decoration, table linen and home…. In Biarritz.
- April 25th. Baionan Kantuz: Basque Chants Traditionals. Place Lacarre. In Bayonne.
Arts and exhibits in French Basque Region in April 2020:
- April 4th and 5th. XIV Feline International Exhibition. AMOBS-STAR is a feline club that organizes exhibitions reserved for purebred cats with pedigree, founded in the 1990s. Ficoba. In Irun.
- From Abril 10th to 17th. Beautiful days of the Music Festival. Municipal Casino Theater. In Biarritz.
- April 16th. Concert by Basque choirs LÁrin. Church of Saint John the Baptist. In Saint Jean de Luz.
- From April 17th to19th. 3rd Beer Festival edition. More than 400 beers on 2500m². 1st professional and general public festival in Aquitaine entirely dedicated to beer. Halle d’Iraty. In Biarritz.
- From April 17th until 21st. Book Fair and Vinyl Record. Harbor esplanade. In Saint Jean de Luz.
- April 19th. Dance Season – Solos. Five choreographers with diverse aesthetics offer a series of solos for a singular representation rich in emotions. Larreko Room. In Saint Pée sur.
- April 24th. Concert by Basque choirs Goraki. Church of Saint John the Baptist. In Saint Jean de Luz.
- April 25th. Disco Fever or Saturday night fever… Relive the fervor of the disco years for an exceptional evening!! More than 12 artists on stage! Gare Du Midi Theater. In Biarritz.
- April 27th. Oldarra – Men’s choir from the Basque Country. Oldarra (meaning moose in Basque) is composed of forty amateur singers. Direction of Iñaki Urtizberea. He interprets, a capella, both religious and secular polyphonic works. Sainte Eugenie Church. In Biarritz.
- April 30th. Concert by Basque choirs Itsasoa. Church of Saint John the Baptist. In Saint Jean de Luz.
- From April 30th to May 3rd. Puppet show. Show for the youth public. Untxin-Socoa parking. In Socoa.
Traditional sports in French Basque Region:
- February, March, and April. Supplementary day Sunday, April 12th. Basque ball in tip basket. French Championship “Elite”. Every Thursday at 9 p.m. Biarritz Jaï Alaï. In Biarritz.
- From April 11th until 13th. 36th edition of Biarritz Quiksilver Maïder Arostéguy. It is the oldest surf competition in Europe. This meeting of the Easter weekend in Biarritz brought together 250 surfers from all over France (Brittany, the Mediterranean, the Landes, the Royal countries, the Basque country) but also Spanish Basques, Italians and other European nationalities. In Biarritz.
- April 25th and 26th. X Riders. Festival of extreme sports motorcycle and bicycle: Three sessions of 2h15 per day. Halle d’Iraty. In Biarritz.
It is likely that there are other leisure options that we can suggest during our tours, more adjusted to your interests and type of trip you make, whether family, couple, group of friends, business, do not hesitate to ask me!
May you have already selected the dates of your stay in the French Basque Country and want a tour fully adjusted to your time and needs, contact me.
Leave A Comment