We have selected those leisure activities happening in the French Basque Country in September 2020, that a traveler, tourist, commercial or foreign visitor can fully enjoy. Theaters plays, or cultural, sport or social events focused on the local public, among others, are not suggested.
Please note that some of the events below may change due to regulations to control Covid-19.
Best French Basques traditions and festivities events:
- August 14th, 30th and 31st. And September 1st. Season 2018 run. Bullfights of Bayonne. First bullfighting place in France. Bullring. In Bayonne. Cancelled.
- From July 5th until September 30th. Creators market. Martxuka merkatua. Halls. In Saint Jean de Luz.
Arts and exhibits in French Basque Country in September 2020:
- From July 11th until October 10th. Exhibition “And Eugenie created Biarritz, Imperial City”. Commemorate the 100th anniversary of the death of Empress Eugenie de Montijo, July 11, 1920. The exhibition is an invitation to discover these stays of the imperial couple, between 1854 and 1868. Historical Museum. In Biarritz
- From July 18 to January 3rd, 2021. Exhibition: La Poterie D’Art de Ciboure 1919 – 1995. Basque Museum of Bayonne.
- September 7th and 17th. Oldarra – Men’s choir from the Basque Country. Sainte Eugenie Church. In Biarritz.
- From September 11th until 20th. Le Temps d’Aimer la Danse – 30th Edition. This clever combination of classic and contemporary, of innovation and tradition, opens up opportunities for large international companies and young groups. In Biarritz.
- September 15th. Ravel Festival. Mauricio Ravel Auditorium / San Juan de Luz Church. In Saint Jean de Luz.
- From September 17th until 20th. Jazz Festival. Quintau Theater. In Anglet.
- September 19th. Festivals of the Rue de la République. Parade for the center of the city. In Saint Jean de Luz.
- From September 19th to October 4th. Exhibition Raphaël in Bayonne: the master, his pupils, his copyists in the collections of the Bonnat-Helleu museum. 2020 marks the five hundred years since the death of Raffaello Santi dit Raphaël (1483-1520), genius of the Italian Renaissance. In Bayonne.
- From September 25th until 27th. Braderie de Biarritz. Nearly 150 shops in Biarritz offer the biggest brands at discounted prices. Ready-to-wear, lingerie, shoes, fashion accessories, luggage, perfumes and beauty products, home decoration, table and house linen … .Centre town. In Biarritz.
- September 19th. Concert at the Cathedral. Coro Ametsa d’Irun. In Bayonne.
- September 26th. Concert at the Cathedral. Pottoroak choir and brass ensemble. In Bayonne.
- September 27th. Airshow. Bay of Saint Jean de Luz.
- September 27th. Patrouille de France. Airshow. In Anglet.
- From September 28th until October 4th. 29th Latinamerican cinema & Culture Festival of Biarritz. In Biarritz.
Traditional sports in French Basque Country:
- September: every Thursday. Basque pelota in Grand Chistera. Trophy of the City of Biarritz. Parc Mazon. In Biarritz.
- September 2nd. Basque ball in cesta punta. Open de Biarritz. Finale. In Biarritz.
- September 3rd. Basque pelota in Grand Chistera. Trophy of the City of Biarritz. In Biarritz.
- September 5th. Triathlons. 5 Triathlons (Iron man, Half Iron Man, Olympic distance, sprint, young handi). Gymnase Urdazuri. In Saint Jean de Luz.
- Georgia vs Russia September 2nd. Russia vs France September 7th. UEFA U19 Elite Round of Football. Saint Martin stadium. In Biarritz.
- September 7th. Basque Ball with chistera. Municipal fronton. In Saint Jean de Luz.
- September 7th, 9th and 14th. Basque pelota at cesta punta – Master Pro / Tour. Biarritz Jaï Alaï. In Biarritz.
- September 13th. 24th Rally of the sea of old vehicles. Parade for the center of the city. In Saint Jean de Luz.
- September 13th. Basque Force Show. Mazon Park. In Biarritz.
- September 16th, 21st, 23rd, 28th and 30th. Basque pelota at cesta punta – Open d’Aguilera. Biarritz Jaï Alaï. In Biarritz.
It is likely that there are other leisure options that we can suggest during our tours, more adjusted to your interests and type of trip you make, whether family, couple, group of friends, business, do not hesitate to ask me!
May you have already selected the dates of your stay in the French Basque Country in September 2020 and want a tour fully adjusted to your time and needs, contact me.