We have selected those leisure activities happening in the French Basque Country in October 2020, that a traveler, tourist, commercial or foreign visitor can fully enjoy. Theaters plays, or cultural, sport or social events focused on the local public, among others, are not suggested.
Please note that some of the events below may change due to regulations to control Covid-19.
Arts and exhibits in French Basque Country:
- From July 11th until October 10th. Exhibition “And Eugenie created Biarritz, Imperial City”. Commemorate the 100th anniversary of the death of Empress Eugenie de Montijo, July 11, 1920. The exhibition is an invitation to discover these stays of the imperial couple, between 1854 and 1868. Historical Museum. In Biarritz
- From July 18 to January 3rd, 2021. Exhibition: La Poterie D’Art de Ciboure 1919 – 1995. Basque Museum of Bayonne.
- From September 19th to October 4th. Exhibition Raphaël in Bayonne: the master, his pupils, his copyists in the collections of the Bonnat-Helleu museum. 2020 marks the five hundred years since the death of Raffaello Santi dit Raphaël (1483-1520), genius of the Italian Renaissance. In Bayonne.
- From September 28th until October 4th. 29th Latinamerican cinema & Culture Festival of Biarritz. In Biarritz.
- From October 1st to 4th. Solutions for the Home Fair and Real Estate Fair. Solutions in the Eco Habitat, Habitat, Home, Decoration, Real Estate, Wooden House and Exteriors. Rue de Pitchot. In Biarritz.
- October 3rd and 17th. Concert at the Cathedral. Les Chants du Gong orchestra on October 3rd and Wind octet from the Biarritz Ensemble Orchestral on October 17th. In Bayonne
- From October 5th until 11th. International Film Festival. Cinema Le Sélect. In Saint Jean de Luz.
- From October 8th until 11th. The Camping-Car fair. Halle d’Iraty. In Biarritz.
- October 10th. Jazz & Swing Biarritz invites The Herman Family Singers. Meal and concert. Radisson Hotel. In Biarritz.
- October 10th and 11th. Le Brouillarta. Painters, sculptors, watercolorists, pastry chefs, amateurs and professionals expose their works to the public. Gardens of the Grande Plage. In Biarritz.
- October 13th. Rock the Ballet X – Classical dance, jazz, hip-hop, taps, acrobatics and martial arts from young American dancers “The Bad Boys of the Dance”. Gare Du Midi Theatre. In Biarritz.
- October 18th. Concert Wind octet of the Orchestral Ensemble of Biarritz. From Bonn to Vienna, Mozart and Beethoven. Saint Andrew Church, historical museum. In Biarritz.
- From October 22nd until 27th. Secondhand Book and Vinyl Record Fair. Grill in the port of Saint Jean de Luz.. In Saint Jean de Luz.
- October 26th. Celtic Legends – Connemara Tour. In more than 15 years, the show has performed more than 2,500 times on all stages of the planet, in front of more than 2.5 million spectators. Midnight station. In Biarritz.
- October 28th. Oldarra – Men’s choir from the Basque Country. Oldarra (which means elk in Basque) is made up of forty amateur singers. He performs, a capella, both religious and secular polyphonic works. Church of Sainte Eugénie. In Biarritz.
- From October 28th until 31st. Biarritz Halloween Festival. 7th edition. Public garden. In Biarritz.
- October 31st. The Basques have Chorus. Artists, singers, musicians and dancers will respond, without any compensation, to the appeal of Gorka Robles and Eric Cahuzac, President of the Peña Kimio association. Midnight station. In Biarritz.
- October 31st. The Halloween Village: several workshops and games are offered by street associations on the theme of Halloween. Rue Sainte Catherine. In Bayonne.
- October 31st. The city of fear: Halloween in Saint-Jean-de-Luz. Downtown. In Saint Jean de Luz.
Best French Basques traditions and festivities events:
- October 12th and 17th. Professional competition: Pintxo (Basque tapa) day. Halls. Boulevard Victor Hugo. In Saint Jean de Luz.
- October 18th. The October cooking workshop. Halls. Boulevard Victor Hugo. In Saint Jean de Luz.
Sports in French Basque Country in October 2020:
- October 1st, 8th, 15th, 22nd and 29th. Basque ball with tip basket – Pro / Tour Circuit. Biarritz Jaï Alaï. In Biarritz.
- October 10th. Rugby top 14: Aviron Bayonnais vs Stade Rochelais. Jean Dauger Stadium. In Bayonne.
- October 31st. Rugby top 14: Rowing Bayonnais receives Toulon. Jean Dauger Stadium. In Bayonne.
It is likely that there are other leisure options that we can suggest during our tours, more adjusted to your interests and type of trip you make, whether family, couple, group of friends, business, do not hesitate to ask me!
May you have already selected the dates of your stay in the French Basque Country in October 2020 and want a tour fully adjusted to your time and needs, contact me.