Agenda of traditions, arts, music, sports, events and exhibitions, in Bilbao and Biscay in the month of november 2020.
We have selected those leisure activities that take place in Bilbao and the province of Biscay in november 2020, which a traveler, tourist, commercial visitor or foreigner can fully enjoy. No plays are suggested, nor are cultural, sporting or social events aimed at the local public, or that generate any difficulty of understanding and the complete enjoyment of foreigners.
Please note that some of the events below may change due to regulations to control Covid-19.
Best traditions and festivals in Bilbao and Biscay in november 2020:
- Every Friday. Peasant market. Exhibition and sale of agricultural products. In Mungia.
- Every Saturday. Gure Lurreko Merkatuak. Market of products from the villages of Biscay, made in a traditional way by its farmers, with Basque varieties and autochthonous breeds. Slow food, natural and local foods. Arenal sheds in Bilbao.
- Every Sunday. Flower and plant market. Flowers and plants grown and collected directly by local producers. A melting pot of colors and smells. Arenal sheds in Bilbao.
- November 1st. La Arboleda agricultural and livestock fair. Sheep cheese competition and fair with a wide range of products. Cattle exhibition. Crafts Fair. Show of dances, demonstration of stone dragging with horse and six borers. Trápaga Valley. In Trapagaran.
- November 1st. Cheese Fair. XXIV Edition. Cheese, pastry, pork-butchery, woodwork, glass… Awards for the best cheese and best bread. In Trucios.
- November 7th. Beans Day. Agricultural products: fruits, vegetables, cheese, bread… popular tasting. Exhibition of Basque rural sports and activities for children. In Gernika.
- November 7th. Agricultural Fair. Sale and exhibition of products of the farmhouse in Berastegi Street. Houses of talo (typical product Basque) and chorizo. In Bilbao.
- November 7th and 8th. Agricultural, livestock and food fair. Day 7th: VIII Chocolat, Sweets and Crafts Fair. Day 8th: XXXV Agricultural and Livestock Fair. XXVIII Biscay Limousin Championship. In Zamudio.
- November 22nd. Agricultural fair. Exhibition and sale of farm products. Tasting roast pork. Errekalde. In Bilbao.
- November 29th. Saint Andrew Agricultural Fair. Sale and exhibition of products of the cavity. Plaza Ametzola. In Bilbao.
Arts, congresses and exhibitions in Bilbao and Biscay:
- From October 6th, 2018 to December 30th, 2020. Exhibition: ABC. The alphabet of the Bilbao Museum. This exhibition celebrates the 110th anniversary of the museum. Bilbao Fine Arts Museum.
- From February 14th to April 4th, 2021. Olafur Eliasson: In real life. Danish-Icelandic artist Olafur Eliasson places the viewer’s experience at the center of his art. Guggenheim Museum of Bilbao.
- From September 18th to January 10th, 2021. Exhibition “Lee Krasner: Living color”. Retrospective of the pioneer of North American abstract expressionism Lee Krasner (1908-1984). Guggenheim Museum of Bilbao.
- From June 26th until January 1st, 2021. Exhibition: “J. S. Elkano. After the Footprint”. It delves into the biography of Juan Sebastian Elkano (1487/88 -1526), and allows the visitor to follow his life imprint, before, during and after the first circumnavigation of the Earth. Basque Maritime Museum. In Bilbao.
- From September 24th until November 14th. Kultur Aro. Theatrical proposals, dance, concerts, bertsos, creative workshops and cinema, among others. In Durango.
- From September 24th until December 18th. Dantzaldia festival. 21st edition of the Dance Festival. La Fundición Room, Azkuna Zentroa, Rekalde Room… In Bilbao.
- From September 26th until November 28th. BBK 10 Urte Room. The Sala BBK of Bilbao’s Gran Vía celebrates 10 years in which it has hosted theatrical premieres, musical cycles such as Music legends and Musiketan or those dedicated to Fado, Flamenco or Jazz, as well as dance shows and film screenings. In Bilbao.
- From October 7th until February 1st, 2021. Masterpieces from the Valdés collection. It shows 79 works, mainly paintings, but also sculptures, two baroque carvings and two classicist marble panels. Many of them are unpublished works, little known or that, until now, had never been exhibited to the public. Bilbao Fine Arts Museum. In Bilbao.
- From October 17th until April 1st, 2021. Celebrates! Online 2020. Photography and video brands, restaurants, hotels, travel agencies, DJs, jewelry stores, florists, wedding planners, rental properties and unique places, tents and catering, beauty and hairdressing centers, gifts and details, rental rentals vehicular. Bilbao Exhibition Center. In Bilbao.
- From October 21st until December 17th. Second part of the cycle “50 jewels in the history of cinema”. Dedicated to women who have stood out in the world of film editing. Azkuna Zentroa. In Bilbao.
- From October 30th until November 28th. 41st International Theater Festival. Serantes Kultur Aretoa Theater In Santurtzi.
- From November 2nd until December 20th. Concerts by the Bilbao Municipal Band “The sound of memory”. In commemoration of her 125 years of life. Arriaga Theater. In Bilbao.
- November 3th and 4th. The Espai Dual Company presents BE GOD IS, a frenetic slapstick show. Show that combines musical virtuosity, gesture and imagination. Arriaga Theater. In Bilbao.
- From November 4th to 6th. ACT Festival. International Festival of Emerging Scene. Duration: 30 min each show. Shows, courses, workshops or reflection sessions at: Guggenheim Bilbao Museoa, Campos Theater and Barakaldo Theater. In Bilbao.
- November 6th. Theater: “Man Up”. En Vilo Theater Company. They set themselves the challenge of unmasking the traditional account of masculinity and its referents through irony, irreverence and absurd humor. Arriaga Theater. In Bilbao.
- November 6th, 7th and 8th. The Week of Science, Technology and Innovation, Zientzia Astea. Organized annually by the University of the Basque Country. Bizkaia Aretoa in Bilbao, Tabakalera in San Sebastián, the Bibat Museum in Vitoria-Gasteiz and the Clara Campoamor Civic Center in Barakaldo. In Bilbao, San Sebastián, Vitoria-Gasteiz and Barakaldo.
- From November 6th until 8th. Cancelled. XIX Fair Stock Euskadi. The most important outlet shopping experience in the Basque Country. Bilbao Exhibition Center. In Bilbao.
- November 7th. In Concert: Gatibu. Twenty years of rock and roll in Basque. Euskalduna Palace. In Bilbao.
- November 7th and 8th. Musical: Mastodon. A journey in search of the causes of frustrations and fears that do not allow us to be faithful with our intimate and exclusive way of being. Actor: Asier Etxeandia. Arriaga Theater. In Bilbao.
- From November 7th until 12th. FANT. Bilbao Fantastic Film Festival. Musical sessions, workshops… In Bilbao.
- November 8th. Discovering AC / DC and Metallica. Rock as a family. Featuring his top two national tribute bands, Thunderstruck and Black Horsemen. Theater room. Campos Theater. In Bilbao.
- November 12th. Theater: Girls and Boys. Feminist work, on sexist violence and its effect on children. It is directed by this year’s Critical Eye Award winner Lucía Miranda and starring Antonia Paso. Arriaga Theater. In Bilbao.
- From November 13th until 20th. ZINEBI: International Festival of Documentary and Short Film. Tributes, special cycles, screenings, workshops, debates, conferences…Various scenarios. In Bilbao.
- November 14th. bROTHERS iN bAND – The Very Best Of dIRE sTRAITS Show. Considered the best international tribute show to the English band Dire Straits. Bizkaia Arena BEC! In Bilbao.
- November 14th and 15th. Theater: Old friend Cicero. Ernesto Caballero (author), Mario Gas (director) and José María Pou (actor). Arriaga Theater. In Bilbao.
- November 15th. Strad, the rebellious violinist. Tour ‘Opposite Worlds’. Jorge Guillén is considered one of the most virtuous violinists of the moment. Theater room. Campos Theater. In Bilbao.
- November 15th. In Concert: presentation of the album “From my balcony”. Tenor Andoni Martínez Barañano. Euskalduna Palace. In Bilbao.
- From November 19th to December 4th. TX Festival 2020. 39th International Puppet Festival. Champs Elysees Theater. In Bilbao.
- November 20th. Sabinera night. Sabina’s real band. They rotate when Sabina rests. Theater room. Campos Theater. In Bilbao.
- From November 20th until 23rd. Retro Classical. Reference lounge for all fans of classic, vintage and collection vehicles from the north of Spain and south of France. Bilbao Exhibition Centre. In Bilbao.
- From next November 20th until May 23th, 2021. Kandinsky at the Guggenheim Museum Bilbao. Paintings and works on paper and trace the aesthetic evolution of Kadinsky throughout his career. In Bilbao.
- November 21st. Tour: ‘Essence’. Singer-songwriter Pablo Milanés. Bizkaia Arena BEC!. In Bilbao.
- From November 23rd until 27th. Enkarzine. Film festival that has been held in Las Encartaciones since the last decade of the 80s. Zalla zine-antzokia. In Zalla.
- November 24th. “Algo que c@ntar” (Something to tell / sing). The pianist Marcin Masecki, one of the references in his instrument in Europe, who confronts classical music, jazz or the composition of soundtracks from the heterodoxy. Theater room. Campos Theater. In Bilbao.
- From November 26th until 29th. FIG Bilbao: Print Festival. 9th International Printmarking and Art on paper Festival. Festival of Contemporary Engraving. A European reference for engraving and paper art. Architecture, interior design, collecting: conferences, talks, master classes, wine tastings and many other activities come together in this international festival about the world of printing and paper art. Euskalduna Palace. In Bilbao.
- November 28th. Fair Saturday. Is a global cultural movement with social impact that takes place every last Saturday in November, the day after Black Friday. More than 1,000 artists will perform great themes in the history of music in an unforgettable audiovisual show. In Bilbao and Biscay.
- November 28th. Flying is human, landing is divine. Multimedia theater show. Enrique Piñeyro is difficult to classify: doctor, airline commander, actor, producer, film director and chef. One of the great successes of the Maipo Theater on Corrientes Street in Buenos Aires. Theater room. Campos Theater. In Bilbao.
- November 29th. Iparraguirre. Tribute concert for the bicentennial of the birth. Gontzal Mendibil with the Bilbao Municipal Band and the Bilbao Choral Society. Arriaga Theater. In Bilbao.
- From December 19th until 31st. Zinetxiki Festival. IV International Children and Youth Film Festival. Association for the promotion of independent cinema and auteur cinema. Any audiovisual work (fiction, animation, documentary or experimental), produced for the cinema, television and any other screening platform. New date. In Bilbao.
- From next January 29th, 2021 until August 29th, 2021. Exhibition: Bilbao and painting. Selection of paintings made by artists who worked in Bilbao in the late 19th and early 20th centuries. In Bilbao.
- From next April 30th, 2021 until September 19th, 2021. The exhibition “The Roaring Twenties” focuses on Berlin and Paris, but also includes looks at other avant-garde hotbeds, such as Vienna and Zurich. It is a cooperation between Guggenheim Museum Bilbao and Kunsthaus Zürich. In Bilbao.
Basque sports in Bilbao and Biscay in November 2020:
- From October 24th until November 1st. Edp Bilbao Night Marathon 2020 Virtual Challenge. In Bilbao.
- November 14th. Cancelled. XIV International Gymnastics Ceremony. International rhythmic gymnastics exhibit Euskalgym. Championship of rhythmic gymnastics and masculine acrobatic gymnastics. Bilbao Exhibition Center, BEC. In Bilbao.
- November 15th. Herri Krosa popular career. The route, of little difficulty, consists of 10 kilometers, and begins and ends in the same place: the Gran Vía Bilbao. In Bilbao.
- November 22nd. Popular race “From Santurce to Bilbao”. The route consists of 16 kilometers, and runs through the Biscayan towns of Santurtzi, Portugalete, Sestao, Barakaldo and Bilbao. In Bilbao.
There are other leisure options that we can suggest during our tours, more tailored to your interests and type of trip, whether as a family, partner, group of friends, or for business. Do not doubt to ask me!
If you want a totally personalized and exclusive excursion through Bilbao or the province of Biscay in november 2020, contact me at this link.