Agenda of traditions, arts, music, sports, events and exhibitions, in Bilbao and Biscay province in April 2021.
We have selected those leisure activities that take place in Bilbao and the province of Biscay in April 2021, which a traveler, tourist, commercial visitor or foreigner can fully enjoy. No plays are suggested, nor are cultural, sporting or social events aimed at the local public, or that generate any difficulty of understanding and the complete enjoyment of foreigners.
Please note that some of the events below may change due to regulations to control Covid-19.
Regarding traditions and festivities in Bilbao & Biscay:
- Peasant Market. Exhibition and sale of farm products. Every Friday. In Mungia.
- Market of products of the hamlets of Bizkaia, made in a traditional way by their farmers, with Basque varieties and native breeds. Slow food, natural and local foods. Tinglados del Arenal. Every Saturday. In Bilbao.
- Flower and plant market. Flowers and plants grown and collected directly by local producers. A melting pot of colors and smells. Tinglados del Arenal. Every Sunday. In Bilbao.
- Easter is celebrated all over the Basque Country from March 28th until April 4th this year, and these are the best places to see something different in your visit: Segura (Gipuzkoa) and Balmaseda (1st and 2nd). These have famous living performance by locals representing the last days of Jesus Christ life from the 1600s. Cancelled.
- Basque Fest. Exhibitions of art, dance and street theater, children’s entertainment, craft fairs, concerts, samples of Basque design and traditional sports exhibitions. From March 28th until April 1st. In Bilbao. Cancelled.
- IX Spring Handicraft Fair. Exhibition and sale of crafts and agrofood. Paseo del Arenal. April 1st until 11th. In Bilbao.
- IV Fair of Flowers and Plants. Exhibition and sale of flowers and plants. April 4th. In Gorliz.
- Txorierri Txakoli Wine Day. Tasting of txakoli from Txorierri. April 4th. In Larrabetzu. Cancelled.
- Basque Fest Gourmet. Exhibition space of tourist regions of Euskadi with information about its destinations and its enogastronomic attractions, free express tastings, workshops and activities. From April 9th until 11th. In Bilbao. Cancelled.
- Agricultural and livestock fair. XVI Exhibition and sale of farmhouse products. Exhibition of autochthonous and mixed breeds from the mining area. Campanian contest. April 18th. In Ortuella.
- Plant and gardening fair. IX Fair of flowers, plants and gardening tools. April 18th. In Garai.
- Religious Pilgrimage which dates back to 1043 A.D. The pilgrimages to Ujué arises from the neighbors of Tafalla to thank the Virgin for her victory in the battle against the King of Aragon. April 25th. In Ujue, Navarre. Cancelled
Regarding arts and exhibits in Bilbao and Biscay in April 2021:
- Bilbao and the Painting. A perspective of painting in Bilbao on the 19th Century when Bilbao was one of the most important cities in Spain through a set of artist which incorporated French Impressionism and other avant-garde art currents. Bilbao Guggenheim Museum. From January 1st until August 28th. In Bilbao.
- Richard Artschwager. Exhibition co-organized by the Guggenheim Museum Bilbao and MART – Museum of Modern and Contemporary Art of Trento and Rovereto. From February 28th until May 10th. In Bilbao.
- Olafur Eliasson: In real life. Danish-Icelandic artist Olafur Eliasson places the viewer’s experience at the core of his art. Guggenheim Museum. From February 14th until April 11th, 2021. In Bilbao.
- Exhibition of movable industrial material considered Cultural Heritage. 2,000 pieces: old motorcycles, fire trucks, linotypes and printing material, remains of the mining industry and its auxiliary sector, anchors, a port crane, motors, hydraulic presses, models…. Konsoni Factory – Konsoni Lantegia. From March 5th until January 7th, 2022. In Bilbao.
- TopaKlown 2020 clown meeting. Centro Cultural San Agustín. From April 1st to 4th. In Durango.
- Family theater from 6 years old, music and dances. Organized by the Bilbao City Council. Campos Elíseos Theater. From April 1st until 7th. In Bilbao.
- Love and Humor: Ylenia Baglietto and Lander Otaola present a scathing, ironic, funny and deeply moving show. Two actors and a pianist. Live music. Social criticism. Present. Each role will be different. Much humor. Lots of love. Euskalduna Palace – Room 0B. From April 2nd until 4th. In Bilbao.
- Exhibition: “Otl Aicher. Metro Bilbao. Architecture and landscape”. First major international retrospective dedicated to the German graphic designer Otl Aicher, with more than two hundred works and objects from the Archive of the Ulm School of Design in Germany. 80 unpublished drawings of his project for Bilbao stand out. Bilbao Fine Arts Museum. Until April 5th. In Bilbao.
- Faces by John Cassavetes. Play adapted from the homonymous movie. “The most fascinating landscape in the world is the human face.” John Ford. Arriaga Theater. From April 8th until 11th. In Bilbao.
- Be quiet, you are more beautiful! The feminist comedy show: Jessika Rojano, Sil de Castro, La María Rosa and guest artists. Campos Elíseos Theater. April 10th. In Bilbao.
- Concert by Xabi Bandini and Alberto Isaba. Acoustic concert. BBK room. April 10th. In Bilbao.
- Merdedes de Miguel the art of dressing. The most representative pieces of each of the Mercedes de Miguel collections, which are presented in a surprising combination with the avant-garde building that houses the exhibition, with cascades of dresses that fall from the upper floor to the hall. Basque Design Center. Until April 11th. In Güeñes.
- Jamming on Tour: the show. Big time! Improvisation show with more than 6 years of success. Campos Elíseos Theater. April 11th. In Bilbao.
- Frozen, the tribute. The origin of ice. An adventure for the whole family with all the songs from the two films. Campos Elíseos Theater. April 11th and June 5th. In Bilbao.
- Mendiburu. Matter and memory. More than a hundred pieces including sculptures and works on paper. Museum of Fine Arts.
- Room 32. From April 14th until September 5th. In Bilbao.
- The National Dance Company. Director Joaquín De Luz. Very special program, made up of three very different pieces: “Remansos” by Nacho Duato Remansos, “Arriaga” by Joaquín De Luz and In Paradisum by Antonio Ruz. Arriaga Theater. April 16th and 17th. In Bilbao.
- Van Gogh’s Ear: A Whisper in the Storm. Euskalduna Palace – Auditorium. April 17th. In Bilbao.
- Joaquín Pajarón: Too much. Monologue in which the comedian talks about everyday situations with which many people are reflected. Campos Elíseos Theater. April 17th. In Bilbao.
- Concert by Ana Curra + Seda. Artistically known as Ana Curra and Ana Pegamoide, she is a Spanish keyboardist, vocalist and composer. In the 1980s she was one of the leading singers and composers of the Madrid scene: Alaska y los Pegamoides, de Paraálisis Permanente and Los Seres Vacíos. BBK Sala. April 18th. In Bilbao.
- Tales and Songs (2004 – 2021). Concert by Iván Ferreiro. One of the most prolific and resourceful artists known to indie pop-rock culture. Arriaga Theater. April 18th. In Bilbao.
- Cuban nostalgia. Saxophonist, teacher, composer and arranger Ariel Bringuez performs an elegant selection of great songs from his homeland, Cuba. Concert in collaboration between Teatro Arriaga – Bilbaína Jazz Club. Arriaga Theater. April 20th. In Bilbao.
- S. Elkano. Behind the footprint. He delves into the biography of Juan Sebastian Elkano (1487 / 88-1526), and allows him to follow his vital mark, before, during and after the first circumnavigation of the Earth. Maritime Museum. Until April 21st. In Bilbao.
- Zarzuela On Air 2.0. Choir Rossini. Fun musical-theatrical show that reviews the best moments of the Zarzuela. Arriaga Theater. April 22nd. In Bilbao.
- The same shit for the last time, according to David Suárez. The most famous black humor show in Spain. Campos Elíseos Theater. April 23rd. In Bilbao.
- “Beginners”. Theatrical adaptation of one of Raymond Carver’s best-known stories from 1981. Arriaga Theater. April 23rd, 24th and 25th. In Bilbao.
- The plan with Rubén García. The plan is to blow up the system with humor, comedy and lots of laughs. Campos Elíseos Theater. April 24th. In Bilbao.
- Mocedades: 50th anniversary. Review of its entire musical history with more than 300 songs and thirty albums on the market. Campos Elíseos Theater. April 24th. In Bilbao.
- Concert by Natalia Lacunza. She participated in Operación Triunfo TV Show in 2018. Electroacoustic concert. BBK Sala. April 24th. In Bilbao.
- Taburete, fourth album: “The Infinite Joke”. Euskalduna Palace – Auditorium. April 25th. In Bilbao.
- Cornette Trio. Bilbaina Jazz Club. Three musicians from the Madrid jazz scene. Campos Elíseos Theater. April 25th. In Bilbao.
- The guard: The mythical band of the ’80s. One of the most important formations in the history of rock in Spain. Campos Elíseos Theater. April 25th. In Bilbao.
- Expovacaciones (fair). Raffles, exhibitions, tastings and activities related to the promotion of the tourism sector will be held. Bilbao Exhibition Center. April 24th to 26th. New agenda from October 1st to 3rd. In Bilbao.
- Ernest Hemingway and Euskal Herria Exhibition. Hemingway’s photographic exhibition in the Irati jungle. There he was able to enjoy one of his greatest passions: fishing. History Museum. From April 27th until 30th. In Gernika-Lumo.
- Anni B Sweet concert. New album, her fourth album and the first in Spanish, entitled “Universo por premiere”. Sala BBK. April 30th. In Bilbao.
- Solitaire. Story of a writer who tells us about her experiences riding between fiction and reality. Campos Elíseos Theater. April 30th and May 1st.
- In Irun. Fifth edition of the Caravantur fair, with the exhibition, sale and rental of motorhomes *, camper vans, and caravan accessories. Ficoba Center. From April 30th until May 2nd. In Bilbao.
- The ham dilemma. A comedy about lactose intolerance… and others. On fatherhood, loneliness and intolerance with Gurutze Beitia and Txemi Parra. Euskalduna Palace – Sala 0B. From April 30th until May 9th. In Bilbao.
- Womanology. José Ramón Prieto Collection. Contemporary art made up exclusively of female artists, most of them belonging to the same generation. Museum of Fine Arts. From April 30th until September 5th. In Bilbao.
- Kandinsky at the Guggenheim Museum Bilbao. Paintings and works on paper and trace the aesthetic evolution of Kadinsky throughout his career. Today, the Guggenheim holds more than 150 pieces by Vasily Kandinsky. Until May 23th. In Bilbao.
- Agustín Ibarrola exhibition, Naturalki. Tribute to his 90th birthday. The exhibition focuses on the fundamental relationship established between art and nature in the author’s work. Rekalde Room. Until July 4th. In Bilbao.
- Muntadas. The empty city. An audiovisual piece commissioned by the museum, in which the Catalan artist invites us to look at the city from a different point of view. Showing Bilbao, its current urban planning and its historical context, are the starting point for a broader investigation of public space and architecture. Until September 5th. In Bilbao.
- Zura eta Ura. Photo exhibition that invites to think about the loss of identity in the fishermen ports after the progressive substitution of wooden boats by boats made of synthetic materials. Maritime Museum. Until September 26th. In Bilbao.
Regarding Basque sports in Bilbao & Biscay in April 2021:
- 60th edition Cycling Tour of the Basque Country. It will start in Bilbao and end in Arrate, Eibar. From April 5th to 10th. In Amurrio / Bilbao / Eibar / Errenteria / Sestao / Vitoria-Gasteiz.
In our personalized tours you can also ask us and receive information about the best activities available during your stay in Bilbao, Biscay in April 2021.
Contact us for any information about our private tours in Bilbao and Biscay province clicking here.
Leave A Comment