You can complement your leisure time by enjoying the Basque culture, its traditions and sports activities in November 2022, during your visit or stay in any province of the Basque Country.
I have selected for you the Basque culture events of November 2022 that I think will make you understand and get to know the locals better.
Basque culture events in Vitoria-Gasteiz and Alava in November 2022
- Daniel Zuloaga (1852-1921), potter. Sample of his pieces accompanied by two oil paintings: “Men of Segovia” by Pablo Uranga from Alava and his portrait of Elías Salaverría. Alava Museum of Fine Arts. From May 18th to November 20th.
- The peripeteia of the automaton. Exhibition dedicated to the work of Néstor Sanmiguel Diest (Zaragoza, 1949). Curatorial project in two simultaneous exhibitions: in the Palacio de Velázquez of the Reina Sofía Museum in Madrid and in the Contemporary Art of the Basque Country Museum – Artium Museoa in Vitoria-Gasteiz. From June 24th to November 1st.
- Exhibition “World Press Photo”. International photojournalism contest of the best international agencies and well-known figures of journalism. Old Water Tank of the Montehermoso Cultural Center. From October 14th to November 13th.
- Haute cuisine in miniature. Miniature Pintxos Congress 2022. It brings together the best pintxos chefs. Program aimed at the professional sector and the general public. Experiential dinners, pintxo routes, technical demonstrations, workshops and other activities. Euskadi Gastronomika Product Club. Europe Congresses Palace. From October 27th to November 2nd.
- The thousand faces of love – Musical Saturdays. Voice, rhapsody and piano recital. Museum of Fine Arts. November 5th.
- Feste (Party). Premiere in Spain. A wordless fairy tale for adults. Familie Flöz is an international group of theater creators. Antzokia Main Theater. November 18th.
- ChicMarket 2022. Crafts, fashion and design. Local creators market. Chancellor Ayala NH Hotel. November 19th.
- Fran Serrano quartet. Cycle Waves of Jazz. Blues, jazz and other more popular forms give way to improvisation and the search for sensations when performing them live. Jesus Guridi Conservatory. November 22nd.
- Appointment with Poetry 2022/2023: “Mariano Iñigo and Ángel Guinda, In Memoriam”. Ignacio Aldecoa Culture House. November 25th.
- ‘Magic in history’. Magic show by Imanol Ituiño. We will travel through the history of magic and only at the end will the audience perform magic and open the box. Family Library of the Lakua Civic Center. November 30th.
Basque cultural activities in San Sebastian and Gipuzkoa
- Balenciaga: character. It explores a new perspective of his work, never traveled before, and focused on what makes “a Balenciaga” recognizable. Cristobal Balenciaga Museum. March 19th, 2022 to March 1st, 2023. In Getaria.
- Miró in Zabalaga exhibition. The Chillida Leku Museum presents an exhibition of Joan Miró as a guest artist in 2022. From May 21st to November 6th in Hernani.
- Fantastic and Horror Film Week in San Sebastian. Parallel activities: exhibitions, cycles, children’s activities… Principal Theatre, Victoria Eugenia Theatre, Kursaal Palace. From October 28th until November 4th.
- Esneki. Special fair for dairy products and cheeses from the Basque Country. Specialized gastronomic event. Congresses, cooking workshops, gastronomic championships and even markets with the best dairy products of our land. From November 3rd to 5th. Tolosa.
- Music around the world. Premiere. Works and songs by composers such as: Verdi, Mozart, Bizet, Beethoven, Sorózabal, L.Cobos, Vives, M. Laboa, Iradier and others. Luis Cobos and the Orfeón Donostiarra. Tribute Concert 125th anniversary of the Orfeón. With the participation of the Cantabrian Symphony Orchestra. Kursaal Auditorium. November 8th.
- 22nd Bidasoa International Archaeological Film Festival. Audiovisual works that arouse interest and show the results of archaeological explorations. Organized by the Museo Romano Oiasso and the Irun City Council. From November 14th to 19th.
- Tolosa Bean Festival. Contest of bean producers in the Plaza del Triángulo. Sale of products related to beans (chilli peppers, black pudding or wine, …). Tolosa bean gastronomic contest. Euskal Jaiak (Basque Party) with bertsolaris, giants and big heads… November 19th and 20th.
- Tribute to Lee Morgan. Fiftieth anniversary of the death of jazz trumpeter Lee Morgan. Vincent Herring and Joe Magnarelli Quintet. Victoria Eugenia Club. November 29th.
Enjoy Basque culture in Bilbao and Biscay in November 2022
- Emerging Scene International Festival. ACT Festival 2022. International competition that promotes emerging artists in the world of performing arts. Contemporary and innovative stage proposals, courses, workshops and reflection sessions. From November 2nd to 5th. Barakaldo.
- Bilbao Txistularis Municipal Band in concert. With the collaboration of Garazi Navas (accordion and voice) and Oinkari Dantza taldea (dancers) on November 4th at the Moderno Teatro. And at the Euskalduna Palace with the collaborations of Ainara Azpiazu (illustrator) and Oihana Iguaran (bertsolari) on November 9th, and on November 28th with Nerea Alberdi (composer) and Koldo Uriarte (multidisciplinary musician).
- Retro Classic Bilbao. Classic, Vintage and Collection Vehicle Fair. Vehicles and motorcycles, accessories, spare parts and accessories. Rallies, concentrations, exhibitions and exhibitions. Bilbao Exhibition Center, Barakaldo. From November 11th to 13th.
- Bilbao International Documentary and Short Film Festival. Tributes, special cycles, screenings, workshops, debates, conferences… Arriaga Theatre, Guggenheim Museum, Fine Arts Museum, Campos Eliseos Theatre, Culture Barrainkua House, Bilborock, BBK Hall on Gran Vía and the cinemas Azkuna Zentroa Golem. From November 11th to 18th.
- Bilbao Bizkaia Design Week 2022. Design of products, services, social, fashion, interiors, videogames and other creative activities, such as architecture, illustration or crafts, to increasingly wider audiences. Various places in Bilbao. From November 17 to 27
- Otxotes International Festival in Portugalete. A cappella choral groups of 8 people. Extensive program with exhibitions, concerts and documentaries. This festival is unique with an international character and the only one that is celebrated in Biscay. From November 23rd to 27th.
- 11th International Festival of Engraving and Art on Paper. FIG Bilbao. International project that combines the commercial offer, museum and research. From November 24th to 27th.
- Gaztedi Dantzari Taldea (Youth Dance Group). Collection, transmission, dissemination and research of Basque folklore. 71 years, 8 generations and more than 150 dantzaris show the ins and outs of their being in this show. Arriaga Theatre. November 27th.
- The Chopin Project: Kurt Rosenwinkel and Jean-Paul Brodbeck. Chopin’s compositions in Jazz, Blues and Swing. The legendary jazz guitarist and acclaimed Swiss pianist reinterpret Chopin’s music adapted for a Jazz quartet, with Jorge Rossy on drums and Lukas Traxel on bass. Arriaga Theatre. November 29th.
- 25th Anniversary of the Bilbao Guggenheim Museum. Extensive program of exhibitions and shows of music, dance, lights, choirs and recitals. Until December 31st.
- Rubens sketches at the Bilbao Fine Arts Museum. Works on loan from the Musée Bonnat-Helleu in Bayonne. Seven sketches inspired by Ovid’s Metamorphoses make up the exhibition. Until January 22nd, 2023.
You can also ask us about Basque culture activities if you have booked or are enjoying one of our personalized and private tours in November 2022.