You can complement your leisure by enjoying some culture or sports activities in March 2022, during your visit or stay in any Basque province.
I have selected for you the Basque Culture events in March 2022 that I believe make you understand and know the locals better.
It is very likely that the events have some adjustment due to the Covid-19 regulations. I did not forget it.
Basque Culture events in Bilbao and Biscay in March 2022
- “Guernica” by Agustín Ibarrola. This new acquisition is an emblematic work of Basque art and of the painter’s production, and it was also one of the most significant episodes in the museum’s recent history. Museum of Fine Arts of Bilbao. From October 18th until March 27th.
- The Arrue brothers in Paris. 2 large-format paintings of Basque prints awarded in Paris. Bilbao Fine Arts Museum. From November 16th to March 27th.
- Candlelight. Classical music concerts by candlelight. Church of the Incarnation. From January 22nd to March 19th.
- Exhibition: “From Fauvism to Surrealism: 70 masterpieces from the Musée d’Art Moderne de Paris (MAM)”. Bilbao Guggenheim Museum. From February 11th until May 22nd.
- Exhibition: “Jean Dubuffet: Fervent Celebration”. Made up of funds from the Solomon R. Guggenheim Museum in New York and the Peggy Guggenheim Collection in Venice. Bilbao Guggenheim Museum. From February 25th until August 21st.
- Zinegoak 2022: XIX Bilbao Gaylesbitrans Film and Performing Arts Festival. Golem Cinemas, the Bilborock theater and BilbaoArte. From February 28th to March 7th.
- Musika – Music: XXI International Festival of classical music. This year the axis will be nature. International performers and orchestras of the highest level from a wide variety of origins. Euskalduna Palace, Azkuna Zentroa, Bizkaia Aretoa of the UPV and Arriaga Theatre. From March 4th to 6th.
- Gustoko. IV Craft and Quality Food Fair “to promote the quality and craft food and gastronomy sector”. Quality products, sustainable production, craftsmanship and local origin. Pavilion 2 of the Bilbao Exhibition Center (BEC). From March 4th to 6th.
- Les Luthiers in “Old Laughing Stock”. Fun compilation that brings together some of the most celebrated works of the Argentine group. Euskalduna Palace. March 7th and 8th.
- Laboa Jazz. Sextet that performs songs created by Mikel Laboa in a jazz key. March 16th. In Gexto.
- Juan Sebastian Bach: two, three and four keys. La Ritirata and Pierre Hantaï. An extraordinary harpsichord quartet. Bach composed the harpsichord concertos for him in the 1730s. March 24th.
- Gutun Zuria Festival: Bilbao International Festival of Letters. Meeting of international, national and local writers with the public, in a format of talks that is close and open to conversation. Azkuna Zentroa. From March 28th to April 2nd.
Basque Culture activities in San Sebastian & Gipuzkoa
- Balenciaga: the elegance of the hat. Exhibition resulting from a joint investigation of the collections of hats of the Cristóbal Balenciaga Museum and the Museu del Disseny de Barcelona. Cristobal Balenciaga Museum. October 29th to May 8th, 2022. In Getaria.
- Start of the season of the Basque Cider. Around January 15th. The main area in the Basque Country is in Astigarraga (near San Sebastián). There are some 51 Basque cider houses in Guipúzcoa, 10 in Vizcaya and 2 in Alava. The cider season begins on January 12th and runs until the end of April. In Astigarraga.
- Walk by a sculpture forest. Permanent exhibition of Chillida’s work. Chillida-Leku Museum. From February to December. In Hernani.
- III online course on Haute Couture tailoring techniques. Cristobal Balenciaga Museum. From March 7th to 27th. In Getaria.
- dFERIA: The festival of the performing arts. XXVIII San Sebastián Theater Fair that revitalizes the performing arts market, especially Basque companies. From March 14th to 17th. In San sebastian.
Enjoy Basque Culture in Vitoria-Gasteiz in March 2022
- A place to think. Schools and experimental educational art practices in the Basque Country, 1957-1979. Collaboration with the Jorge Oteiza Museum Foundation. Artium Museo – Contemporary Art Museum of the Basque Country. From January 21st to June 5th.
- Les Luthiers in “Old Laughing Stock”. Fun compilation that brings together some of the most celebrated works of the Argentine group. Principal Theatre. March 11th and 12th.
- V Basque Country Ecotourism Forum. Organized by Basquetour – Basque Tourism Agency. Europa Congress Palace. March 9th and 10th.
You can also ask us about Basque Culture activities if you have booked or are enjoying any of our personalized and private excursions in March 2022.
If you want to expand your knowledge about our luxury private tours, you can contact us by clicking here.